SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maire_cate

My free annual credit reports came with odd errors

maire_cate
9 years ago

Every year I order my free credit reports and usually they're accurate. I have no idea what happened this year but 1 of them had several mistakes.

One report listed my daughter as my spouse, my previous employer as a firm in a state I've never even visited and 2 credit cards that I've never had and both of them were 'not in good standing'. I filled out the dispute form and everything was quickly corrected.

The other mistake they refused to correct - my phone number was wrong and they said they could only correct it if one of my accounts notified them. I told them that I've had the same number for 31 years and that if they checked last year's report they could see the correct number.

The supervisor said the same thing. I finally managed to get her to at least remove the number altogether.

DH's reports weren't too bad - except one had his previous address as a nursing home - and he's married to our daughter too!

Just another reason why we should check our reports regularly. Who knows where they get these things.

Comments (5)