Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Today's Trivia Quiz

Posted by jasdip (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 7:27

Yesterday's question had nothing to do with cookware...

If you're older than say 35 or 40 you've probably owned a spider. What was it, and what was it used for?

A: A little plastic disc used in the centre to spin a 45 record.

Today I'd like you to make words using only the top row of the keys.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today's Trivia Quiz

Interesting! I had many of those adapters, but I don't recall them being called spiders. Was that a regional thing?

Gotta think a bit on today's question.
Pouty, pout, power, quiet, quo, qi, quirt (for a start- sadly, it is a busy day- gotta run!)

o

Oh. I thought you mean 1234567890!@#$%^&*()_-+= which one is the "top row"?

01134, upside-down on a calculator is hello (actually, you'd have to put a . to make the zero stay put)

o

I still have one but never heard it called that.

we you, it wit quit quite pot toy pit pier to quiet pore rote wrote writ woo wire rep per pre out tree yew wore were tort port woo opt you your

o

Yes, I have a bunch of those plastic thingies, but never heard them called spiders. I even googled it and that did not come up. Oh well.

Presuming you mean the Qwerty row:

Power
Pity
Ripe
Row
Queer
Trip
Out
You
Type
Write
Typewriter

I have a feeling I am falling for a joke.

o

Yea, see? I thought that'd be too easy. I could likely go on forever as that is something I'm good at. Way too easy.

o

Never heard the adapter called a spider....always an adapter.

My keyboard's top row is all function keys.

o

I'm thinking you can't use the same letter twice in a word. Some more...
Write, wire, wit, wept, woe, poetry, poet, try, trip, trio, toe, tip, pit, pot, pore, poi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here