Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carpet Cleaning Solution

Posted by brightonborn (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 6:38

I cannot remember if it was here , or on another garden web forum where somebody was raving about a product that they used in their carpet cleaning machine. I think, not positive, that it began with a K.
Anybody know what the name of this product is..I have got to clean carpet this weekend. Thanks.

June

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carpet Cleaning Solution

I recall someone mentioning Folex. It is in a white bottle, I believe. I'm thinking the poster had a family member responsible for keeping the carpeting clean in a commercial environment.

o

...another Folex user here... It saved my granddaughter's life - she used a sharpie perminent marker on my week old carpet - the Folex removed it all! She was going to be toast if I hadn't been able to remove it... I used it to remove blood on a white silk purse even. The Bellagio in Vegas uses it in its carpet cleaners too.

o

we use sam's club brand..can't beat the price...under $7 a gallon!

o

I use and have recommended Folex....

o

Oh you guys are the best...seriously...that is exactly what it was Folex..."K" don't know where I got the K. Now is it readily available at Home Depot or other big stores?

o

Got my Folex at Kmart.....

o

Folex is great. Mix in some Odoban (from Home Depot). We get Folex at Lowes. That's the combination we use in our steam cleaner for our carpeting.

o

Friend uses carbonated soda.

o

Odoban...will get that as well. Is it 1 part Folex to 6 water for the steam cleaner?

o

You can easily make a home-made spot cleaner. Mix equal parts water and hydrogen peroxide, plus a squirt of Dawn detergent. Be careful, make it in a big container because it foams up. Dip your scrub brush in the foam, and use a little liquid. Works great on any mess a pet can make.

o

I got my bottle at my local Lowes store.

o

I went to my Lowes and they didn't have it, very disappointed. So I traveled down the road to Home Depot and voila...they had two bottles left and I bought both. I was very happy to see it..I can tell you that. The carpet is only two years old and is off white...so even though it looks great I can't wait to see how it comes out with the Folex.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here