Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Larry Hagman Dies at 81

Posted by sephia (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 24, 12 at 2:06

Larry Hagman, aka J.R. Ewing, passed away Friday from complications from cancer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Larry Hagman Dies at 81

Dang! There goes a sequil.

You may have disliked the character, J. R. Ewing, but Larry Hagman was a great actor and made that character come alive.

o

Larry Hagman was also very into solar energy and living "off the grid." There is a HUGE solar array on his property in Ojai, and he supplies power to at least 10 other households as well as his own.

In real life, Larry Hagman was nothing like J.R. Ewing. But, as JemDandy said, he certainly did play the part well!

Rest in peace, Larry.

o

I loved him both on "I Dream of Jeannie" and of course, "Dallas". I didn't realize it until I read about him that he was an AF vet. He really was a very good actor.

o

Oh, that's a shame. RIP Larry.
I think there was talk of another year of Dallas, wasn't there?
I don't think anyone could play JR like he could. He nailed it.

o

That's terrible! I loved him. "Dallas" will not be the same without him, and that's my favorite show of all time. I know he was a good guy, a devoted husband, and a great actor--but he certainly was convincing as the bad J.R. RIP, Larry.

o

ditto exactly what Wanda says-RIP J.R.

o

RIP Colonel Tony Nelson.
thank you for decades of entertainment!

o

He was an evil conniving character. Says a lot about his talent since in real life he was such a great guy...family man, conservationist. He gave me many years of entertainment over the decades.

o

I read he had already filmed 6 of the 15 new years episodes. I am sure his passing will be written into the script some how. I really enjoyed the new Dallas.

o

No one will ever be able to play the part of JR like he did. He WAS JR!..
He'll be missed. RIP.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here