Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need to find a moisturizing bubble bath/salts

Posted by pammyfay (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 29, 12 at 23:45

I added a bit of Burt's Bees moisturizing baby oil to a bath but then realized why I never liked baby oil in the bath: It felt nice, but it's waaaay too slippery getting out! (And my dog's way too small to reach the phone to call for help! LOL!)

Any products I should look at in the drugstore? My skin needs a little TLC for wintertime. I have some Curel Anti-Itch moisturizing cream for non-bath times.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need to find a moisturizing bubble bath/salts

look for the spray-on oil, for after your bath/shower...keri lotion, is heavy. there's a 24 hr oatmeal lotion aveeno...try and keep the temp of the water down..that's the hardest for me..love a hot shower...

i did the oil baths 2x daily once... back when i was MUCH younger and had a skin problem...the dermatologist also gave me a pill..like for allergies...but i had to be very careful in the tub for sure...you know wal mart has a sturdy bath chair i use everyday in the shower...it's very reasonable...

the best result is consistency...i get busy or take a quick shower when we're going someplace and end up with nothing...

o
RE: Need to find a moisturizing bubble bath/salts

Yeah, it's a toughie because baths alone cause dry skin from soaking in the water. I use Aveeno lotion after showering (I rarely take baths), or vitamin E oil if I'm really dry. I've also heard what works well is to use the baby oil after you get out of the bath but while you are still wet, let it soak in for a few minutes, then towel off. You will probably oil up your towels but you could have specific towels you use for when you use the oil. Less dangerous too than slipping around in the tub.

This is completely unrelated but your post reminds me of a few summers ago when we had a heat wave and I had a bunch of friends over for a BBQ. We wanted to make a make shift slip-and-slide so I found a giant piece of plastic in the garage that we laid out on the lawn and hosed it down. Well, we weren't on a hill and it just wasn't slippery at all so we squirted baby oil all over ourselves and the plastic sheet and then went for it. Still wasn't slippery enough but we still had a good time. Still makes me laugh to picture a bunch of adults in swimsuits covered in baby oil and trying to fling themselves down a giant piece of plastic in my back yard. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here