Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saying goodbye to my dearest friend, Tuesday

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 29, 12 at 23:13

Bee, my dearest friend, age 84. We were so close, shared a lot. Her life was a wonderful, full life, and is coming to an end.

I am having my final personal visit with her just to say goodbye.

She is unaware of any visitors, but I hope she will feel my presence.

Hopefully she will be in heaven soon.

I loved her so!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saying goodbye to my dearest friend, Tuesday

AW Glenda, so sorry. Peace to your dear friend.

o

This will not be easy but I'm sure she will feel your presence and will appreciate your being there for her.

o

I know she will feel your presence, and it's a blessing in any faith to be able to be by her side, sharing your thoughts, holding her hand during this time.

o

I'm sure too that all the love you've expressed is carrying her over into the other room hugs

o

Eat a hot dog for her, Glenda! I'm sorry to hear of your coming loss... Peace be with you.

o

what a difficult time for you and the family...having such wonderful memories is the best comfort!

o

I'm so sorry, Glenda! Even tho' she cannot respond, I believe she will know that you are there. I know it will be hard for you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

o

I also believe she will know you are there. I'm so sorry for your loss!
Eileen

o

Aw, Sweet Glender - wish I could be there to give you a hug! I only wish I had a dear friend like you, who would literally be with me to the end of time.

o

Glenda my heart goes out to you today. God Bless you and your wonderful dear friend. I believe she will know you are there with her and your visit may give her the peace to move on.

June

o

I'm sorry Glenda. True friends are a blessing and you were blessed to have had her in your life.

o

She will know. Your presence will be a comfort to her. To have a friendship that lasted that long is truly a blessing. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

o

I'm so sorry for your loss Glenda. Loosing one's best friend is so hard.

Deb

o

A long life with a good friend is a precious gift. A sad day for you, I'm sorry.

o

I am so sorry to hear this. You and she are in my prayers.

o

She will feel your presence, Glenda.

o

I'm so very sorry, Glenda. I know that she means so much to you.

o

I'm sure she felt your presence. Sure of it. My biggest, warmest hugs and wishes for kind peace for all of you.

o

She will know you are there. Sending good thoughts for her, you and the family.

o

I am so sorry Glenda.... my prayers go out to you both, at this very difficult time. Hang on to your memories or your times together.

o

So hard to say those goodbyes. ;(

(((((Glenda)))))

o

The visit will be hard for you, Glenda. She may not be able to reply, but in case she can hear you, maybe you could remind of of a good time you had together...remember that time we..... I wonder if we will ever know how much our loved ones really understand even though they can't respond.

Many hugs for you, Glenda.

o

I'm sorry, Glenda.

doesn't matter if it's hard, you'll remember that you were there for her.

It's a kind of celebration of your shared life.

sending you good thoughts for energy & joy.

o

I'm sorry Glenda. It sounds like she has had a great
life, including you as a friend. Thank you for visiting
so many people didn't visit my Dad. I think they
were scared. bless you.

o

The last time I visited her, I went with friends. And I did take her a hot dog.

This time it's a one on one and know it will be the last time.

All her family were in to see her, this past weekend, with her one and only new great grandson. She was unresponsive.

Thank you all for your kind words and support.

As her son told me last night, Bee and I had a "special relationship".

o

I'm so sorry for your loss of your very special friend. I'm glad she was able to enjoy your last visit. Some part of her may *know* you are 'there' for her today too.

o

Glenda, Im so sorry you'll have such a difficult day. I remember when you visited her before and brought the hot dog. You are both so fortunate to have such a good friend in each other. I still miss a friend who died after a very long ugly illness and she requested no visitors. I wanted so badly to see her and tell her how she made my life and that of my young (at that time) daughter special. God bless you and her. Satine

o

Sending those special thoughts and comfort for you and the family. It is hard to say Good-Bye to any one. Good memories are aways avaiable, and don't forget to write them down for you to remember.

o

I had a dear aunt who was dying of cancer and also unresponsive when I visited her. The nurse told me to talk to her because hearing is one of the last senses to go.
So even though she gave no indication of knowing I was there I talked to her, and I would like to think she heard me, and that your dear friend Bee will hear you and know you are there too. Bless you for being such a good friend to her.

Abbey

o

So sorry for your pain, Glenda. I know you will miss Bee. Prayers for Bee and all who love her.

o

Oh Glenda, what a very sad day for you. You have been blessed with a dear, true life long friend. Not many people can say that. My heart aches for the pain you feel. That pain will ease in time. You will always have the most heartwarming memories.

God bless Bee's soul. I pray she goes home peacefully.

o

It is never easy to say good bye.

Sue

o

(((((Glenda)))))

o

How sad-but how lucky you and she were to have had such a great friendship-those are few and far between now a days.

Hugs to you,(((Glenda)))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here