Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween Horror Houses, do you go?

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 23:03

Not me! No way! I do not enjoy being scared.

One here says you must be 14 and older. Local TV says better if you are 21.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween Horror Houses, do you go?

Save your money and just stop here at my house for a coffee....I live in a house of horrors.....LOL

o

No, I'm too scared!

o

No, I never have been. Some of my kids have in the past.

Sue

o

I can't believe I made my kids go one time many years ago. The ones they have now are much more intense and scarey...not for me.

o

I am with you Glenda I do not like to be scared~~BOO!!!

o

No way Jose! I can't even watch most tv shows lately.If it gets too intense I will turn the channel for a few seconds.
My kids and grandkids go to Halloween Horror Nights over in Orlando,and I tell them that I thoght that I raised them smarter than that!

o

I overheard my son's stepdaughters talking about going few years back and how terribly scary it was and they were in their late teens early 20's.

This one so they say has gotten a lot scarier is why they had to put age restrictions on the admissions.

o

Years ago when our kids were in preteens etc, my neighbors fixed up a spooky thing in our garage. All went thru several times except my youngest who was less than 5. She started thru but I could see nightmares for years, so I warned my neighbors to be careful and they were so good. She only went thru once then I took her in the house. Oh it was a good one, even the older teens came out scared even though they knew who was doing it. It truly was fun. Sure wish I had taken pictures. So many memories. But to your answer? Now? NO WAY! Sad to say some of the movies etc may give kids the wrong ideas. ( a small minority)

o

Our school converts the multi-purpose room into a haunted house and I will go into that. It is scary for most, but I just think it's really funny.

Spooky stuff is not really my thing, but I do like the costume/candy aspects of Halloween.

o

Nope. No way. No how. Never. Not my idea of fun at all!

o

I've never gone. 6 yrs. ago I watched the 3 yr. old twins while DS and DDIL took the 5 and 7 yr. olds to the haunted house thing in Kemah, TX. The 5 yr. old was traumatized for hours! The 7 yr. old had fun.

o

Nope. It doesn't interest me. However, around here most of the 'haunted houses' are fund raisers sponsored by various organizations and these houses tend to large and more complex than the ordinary neighborhood job. I might go someday due to the fund raising aspect.

An aquaintence of ours owns a movie theater that has closed. He rents it out for meetings and shows. Almost every year, he puts on a Halloween show and fund raiser. Its usually a magic show of the smoke and mirror type, and at the end, he often has a surprise for the audience. One year, the lights were turned down to near darkness and when a 'ghost' was 'accidentaly' released on stage, the audience could feel faint wisps of someting on their necks and cold puffs of air in their hair. It was a very good effect.

o

When I was about 10, I was in Camp Fire Girls. We had a Halloween party just for our group/troop. It was a fun house theme. You went through blindfolded and put your hands in bowls of various gross things-olives were eyeballs, cold spaghetti was worms, etc. Only after you had been through the fun house could you see what you had been touching. It was good clean fun, not scary. I don't like scary movies or heights or anything frightening. And I don't enjoy crowds.My kids never had much interest in Halloween, except for dressing up and getting candy. They usually had a party at school.

o

I would never, ever go through one BUT, years ago, I helped with one...I was the devil (don't know why they asked me to play that)...It was held in very large, used to be restraunt and the tranformation was unbelievable....I was to sit in what was a cave, that had been completely done in foil and in one corner, we had a red light...It did look very scary...I'd sit there, and I guess I did look like a dummy until someone would poke their heads into the cave and then I'd move...They had all sorts of horrible creatures wondering through the building and plenty of little decorated holes in the wall scenes...I went through it during the day and when we were getting ready for the public but, I'd never have gone through at night.....But we did have fun!

o

Even as a kid I hated them as I frighten easily. I remember dreading the possibility that a friend might suggest it; I would either have to admit I'm a big baby or suffer through it. I don't recall having to visit a scary one, just one that was homemade and rather lame, thank goodness.

o

I don't like them, the are too scary for me, but I am a self-proclaimed scaredy cat!! Can't even watch horror movies I prefer my sleep too much and don't want nightmares. The movies now are too gross and graphic.

o

Went once years ago in Miami our group dance classs went as a group nice to have someone to hang on to

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here