Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We are on the road

Posted by Nita__AZ (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 22:36

We left home this morning and are now in Van Horn, Texas. Was a long 428 miles and we lost 2 hours. Will be in Fredericksburg tomorrow late afternoon.

This trip we will be traveling all around Texas. I am meeting nanatricia on Tuesday and then we head to the Houston area where I will be visiting with Marilync. Going to see Gabbygirl too and then on the 13th will be going to the get together that Ravencajun organized.

From there we will be going to Waco where we will have dinner with Jaybird who used to post here. She doesn't have a computer at home and where she works won't let her on the KT anymore. She sure does miss everyone.

Also going to Tyler where Vannie is going to have a get together with several of the gals in her area.

On the way home we are going to visit Zipper TX, Tigerlily and Daisy7.

It sure is going to be a wonderful time meeting new friends and revisiting old friends. We sure have a great bunch of gals on the forums.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We are on the road

Have a wonderful trip!

o

Sounds like fun!

o

Hi Nita, have a great time. Please tell Gabbygirl hello from me (T. Terror).

o

See you soon, safe travels!

o

I am really looking forward to meeting you and everyone else that will be at the meet up.
Sounds like you are going to have a great time.
I don't know where you are going in Tyler but I love this tea party restaurant there, they have the cutest store in there. I am trying to remember the name but I am sure anyone in Tyler can tell you. I actually went there to meet up with friends from another forum I was on. The food was great too.

o

Take lots of pictures, Nita! It sounds like a lovely, exciting trip!

o

I know you will have a wonderful time! Nita, you have no idea how much joy you bring to the KTers you visit. Raven, you are in for a treat--there is no one as special as Nita!! Enjoy! And don't forget we want pictures....

o

Nita, I know you are in heaven doing what you love most--traveling and meeting with friends new or old. Enjoy every minute!

Wanda, you are so right about Nita. You will never find a sweeter, more kind person than she is. Everyone who meets her loves her.

o

I am really looking forward to meeting you and everyone else that will be at the meet up.
Sounds like you are going to have a great time.
I don't know where you are going in Tyler but I love this tea party restaurant there, they have the cutest store in there. I am trying to remember the name but I am sure anyone in Tyler can tell you. I actually went there to meet up with friends from another forum I was on. The food was great too.

o

Have fun............I know you will!

o

Now I'm trying to recall the name of the singer associated with "On The Road Again"! Is it Willy Nelson?

o

You lucky people in Texas are going to meet a really special lady. Nita, when are you coming back to Florida? Have a fun and safe trip.

o

So cool! What about JenTX? Say Hi to everyone from me, okay? Hi to your hubby! Have a grand time!

o

Wishing you save journeys and fun times on your travels Nita. I know you'll enjoy yourself. Head back to the northland sometime.

o

Hi all!!! We are in Fredericksburg where it is Octoberfest this weekend. Going to be here until Wednesday morning. Hopefully the weather will get better. It was cold and very cloudy with some rain on our drive here today.

Terilyn, are you feeling better?? Looking forward to seeing you too.

Becca, I am expecting a great big hug.

Kat, I am hoping to see Jen on the 18th. That is the only day she will be in town while I am there.

It is Willie Nelson who sang "On the Road Again". I love that song.

The rest of you are making me blush. I am just me, nothing special. I am who I am.

Cynic, I am hoping to be in MN in late June or early July. Hopefully it won't be too hot there.

o

Me too! I'm looking forward to meet everyone. We've been having nice weather, I hope it'll hold.

Have a safe trip Nita.

o

Nita, you are special. You will always be extra special to me.

All, when I was riding my bicycle across the USA, she read between the journal entries... and realized, I needed someone to talk to.

She emailed me her number, and we conversed just about daily the rest of the trip.

Nita, I just hung the picture you had made on the mirror for me. One of the few things I have with my "old name" on it, and I am keeping it. :)

Thanks again, for being YOU!

Moni

o

Funny thing Moni, I was thinking today about when I gave you that placque and I was crying. Those wer special times. I always enjoyed our phone chats. I remember you called me when you reached the Atlantic Ocean and dipped your tire in. Lots of fun times and memories my friend.

o

Save journeys? (sigh) Well hopefully you deciphered that as meant - safe journeys!

Dumb old keyboard doesn't always type what I want it to!

o

LOL Cynic! Console yourself that I am FAR WORSE with my posting mistakes than you will ever be! I absolutely cringe when reading many of my posts the next day. :(

o

LOL Cynic, I knew what you meant. Looking forward to seeing you this coming Summer. Going to keep Mike out on the road for 4 months starting mid March. Hopefully I will get to meet a lot more folks from the KT on our travels.

o

Sounds like you'll have lots of fun Nita.Always nice to meet the people you talk to from the different boards.

There was a lady on the quilting forum from England that has a DD that lives in the next town over from me.When she came to the states,we got together,hit the quilt shops and had lunch and a fun day.

Have also met several stitchers from the cross stitch board i frequent.

Have loads of fun Nita,take lots of pictures.
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here