SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
satine_gw

My mouth was 5 minutes ahead of my brain

satine_gw
11 years ago

Oh boy I just got home from dinner with 4 friends one of whom I often have difficulty being around. Other people also have trouble but I just sort of reached my limit tonight. Dont know how we started talking about CEOs and the enormous money they make and after going around and around pointing out that many people have high stress jobs but don't make even a living wage. This lady has a very successful travel business which is very high end. She worked very very hard for several years to get where she is and she deserves her rewards. However when she said 90% of hourly workers only work 5-6 hours a day and cheat the employer by spending the other hours on the phone or internet I kind of lost it. All of the other ladies at the table were pointing out that many people work very hard and really shouldn't group all workers together. She proceded to say she doesn't think much of hourly employees and then said wait this is supposed to be a fun night. Long story short I ended up saying that made me feel that she was a step up from others and that made me uncomfortable. She immediately got her phone out and began to text until it was time to leave then walked out ahead of us. I approached her outside and said give me a hug and was she ok.She said she was fine then got into the car of the person she had ridden with. I do feel bad about it but honestly every time we get together she seems to belittling

some group of people. Sorry this is so long and I hope I explained it well enough to understand. Satine

Comments (22)