Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you have handles on your cabinets that "stick out" the ends?

Posted by sjerin (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 20:50

I think they're referred to as European pulls and have been around awhile. Some people on the GW Kitchens site say they catch on your clothes and others say they don't. I thought I'd poll you gals and hopefully get a better feel for whether they'll work or not. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you have handles on your cabinets that "stick out" the end

It depends what you're wearing. We had them at a summer vacation rental and my bathrobe sleeves caught on them often. But I didn't have trouble otherwise.

o

I googled what you meant. I love those handles, on dark wood cabinets. I had never thought of catching my clothing on them, but I can see where a sleeve would get caught all the time.

o

We have them and we hate them! Both of us go around listening to our iPods, and the cord always catches in them and unplugs the iPod. They look nice, but I'm going to replace mine.

o

European Bar Pulls?
http://www.myknobs.com/stainless-bar-pulls.html

I mixed those with bow handles. I've never gotton my clothes caught on the bar pulls...

I would imagine they'd be going out to style soon. They've been around for about 20 years now. :0)

o

All the handles/pulls on my kitchen cabinets exend outward, but there has not been any clothes snagging problem. I suppose this is because there are no knobs; all are 'closed' handles, e.g., both ends fastened to the drawer or door. Clothing merely slides over the closed handles.

o

I hate them.Im always ripping pockets on them!

o

Ditto Caroline's post! My kitchen drawer handles extend half an inch beyond the anchor bolts and Riiippp my robe pockets! Both those and the egg-shaped knobs on cabinet doors have backplates that save the wood from fingernail scratches. (Now if I could get DH to USE the pulls to CLOSE the doors!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here