Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HVAC Forum Rant

Posted by poohbear2767 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 12 at 20:22

I'm just venting. I can't say everyone on the HVAC forum
is rude and unhelpful, but most of the ones I have encountered
certainly are. I posted a question. And got called a troll.
I don't mock people and call them names when they ask my help.
If I can help, then I help. If I can't, then I surf on by.
Being rude and condescending doesn't help anything.

Go view the post and tell me if I'm out of line.

Pooh Bear

Here is a link that might be useful: My HVAC Forum Posting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HVAC Forum Rant

Wow; sounds like that person is having a bad day! They obviously have no comassion either; LOTS of people don't have extra money laying around these days! Don't let this bother you; it's that person with the problem! :)

o

I would say the same thing, PB. Sounds like you are being careful...so just shake it off and keep on trucking.

o

Now that was one nasty person there....ignore him/her.

o

I saw that post earlier and thought he/she was about as far out of line as being out of line gets. I'm sorry you had to be on the receiving end of such awful behavior.

Now then...will the real troll please step forward? LOL

o

Horrible. What a miserable being he is.

o

I intend to ignore the negative posts
on that forum from now on.
I know who the real troll is.

Pooh Bear

o

I checked a couple of other threads where he had posted.

It looks like he is only polite to people with whom he is familiar, but tends to be suspicious and extremely rude to posters who are new to that forum.

I'm hoping you won't take it personally -- we know what a great guy you are!

o

Don't take it personally. There are one or two (who will remain nameless) on the kitchen forum that act like attack dogs. They spout negativity instead of constructive advice and seem to think they know everything. They degrade some new posters and almost seem protective of the forum - as if they own it. You'll find people like that everywhere. I just end up feeling sorry for them. Imagine how crappy their lives must be to be so hateful...

o

Wow, he surely is a nasty tempered person. I read some of the other post where he was rather snarly to others.. Shame on him.

o

Pooh Bear, I know how you feel cuz I've been called out a couple of times. But I believe like everyone else here - just ignore them and realize just what miserable human beings they are.

Like you, if I can, I like to give help or constructive criticism, not some smart aleck comment.

Some folks just seem to thrive on that type of behavior.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here