SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Gardenweb led me to be so much happier with my squeezie socks

joyfulguy
9 years ago

Some time ago the medical supply store called to ask how my pressure socks were doing/holding up and I replied that they were doing fine.

And how would I know when they were beginning to lose their grip? They"ll slide.

They cost about 40 bucks, and with the store's loyalty card, instead of the usual points added to one's score, there's an immediate discount of about 25%.

I'd understood that a couple of pair have been in use for over three years, for I was wearing them for the varicose veins, then they gave me a shot to shrink them, one of four planned, and it was just over a couple of weeks later that I had the clots in the lungs, which resulted in my being put on rat poison, Warfarin, which continues till this day - had a blood test this morning.

Later I got a third pair of squeezie socks, not sure just when.

When the clinic doing the shots heard of the clots ... they scratched the other three planned, pronto: convenience is one thing, threat to life a totally different ball game.

I've been thinking that the socks were giving good service, as I change each day and wash them and rinse them at the end of the day. So in something over three years, each of the original two pair has been at work about 400 times and the later one almost as many.

I wear a pair of regular socks over them, as I figure that, apart from toe nails, the shoes cause more wear than my soft skin.

Now that chilly weather has come, using long johns means that they go over top - guess I'll have to sew some elastic bands to hold their ends above the pantleg ends.

I've had to darn the non-elastic heels, and toes, over half a dozen times, as holes appeared.

Then, when I was checking something on Gardenweb the other day, I'd reported the blood clotting ... but it was four years ago the last Sunday in September.

So - those socks have been working, each doing one day in three for four years or more, so have given more honourable service than I've been thinking!

Getting old folks - memory's not what it used to be!

Hope you all are enjoying the weather and your life in general.

ole joyful

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner