Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oh, no--not another cat!

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 18:31

I have three indoor cats and one outdoor cat and a limited income. So I am really not in the market for another pet. But this morning an extremely skinny young black cat came up onto my porch and began eating Bonesy's food. Bonesy, being very territorial, probably chased him/her away when I wasn't watching.

I have no idea where he came from, but he sure looked like he hasn't been cared for. He's been in my thoughts several times today.....seeing my own cats on their soft beds and my lap, I can't help thinking of that poor homeless kitty. If I find myself in a position to help him, I know I won't resist.

I need to win the lottery! But that doesn't seem likely since I don't play the lottery. :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oh, no--not another cat!

My sister and BIL need to find a cat. After their last one died, they took awhile to recover from the loss. He still is not ready and probably never will be, but she needs a kitty. I know he would agree if he found a cat like this one that needed a home. I think that is how they adopted their last two cats.

o

Susan - you better check around your property. There might be some hidden sign there that alerts stray cats that a a soft hearted woman lives there. Just like the old Hobo signs. They would draw a cat on a fence post or side of a building to alert other hobos that a Kind Lady lives here.

Have you taught Baby Joey to say "Here Kitty, Kitty?" I'm not sure how his parents would react though.

o

I'll have to look for that sign, Maire. Baby Joey's parents are cat lovers, but they're not in the market for any more than the two they already have.

BTW, I'm having dinner at "our" restaurant Saturday night. I'll think of you!

o

I hope you have a wonderful meal. I haven't been there in nearly a year. We went last fall when the fall foliage was peaking and it was such a pretty drive.

o

Don't you know, cats are like potato chips, you can't just have 1, 2, or 3.......We also have 3 inside cats and 2 outside semi ferals we take care of and if another one wondered by, it too would probably stay...I often joked about that sign at the end of the street, "Home for Wayward cats" and it's pointed right at our house....
It really does become a financial burden, being retired, but there again, I too think of those poor unloved fur babies, living out there and going hungry and figure, there's always room for one more...Of course hubby doesn't feel that way and I might loose my happy home if that 1 more comes for a visit, lol......

Bless you for being so caring......

o

i've been told under threats, no more cats...had to have the brother put down, but still have ashley his sister...lol..last time we had to go away she went along! didn't like it very much, but have a fold up carrier that holds her cat box and room to sleep...she did pretty well...see? i'm a cat person and they have got me thru LOTS! she's 16 this year and still strong for a small kitty!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here