Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name Three Foods

Posted by Marilyn_Sue (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 18:10

Name three foods you absolutely will not eat.

1. Any kind of sea food except fish.

2. Brains

3. Avocado

There are other things including coffee, but we drink that.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name Three Foods

I have some food allergies so there are some foods I can't eat but the foods I choose not to eat are

organ meat except calves liver and that includes brain, tripe and head cheese LOL

lima beans or other legumes/lentils except kidney beans in chili and pureed chickpeas made into hummas

canned sardines

o

chitterlings
rutabaga
beets

o

Any seafood
Okra
hot peppers

o

Scungilli (MIL always used to get me to eat it)
Raw oysters
Okra

o

Any seafood but calamari and shrimp - can't gag down fish. I was raised on the Mississippi river and ate fish at least twice a week - NOT ANY MORE!

I won't eat sushi - gummy, sticky rice and fish is just not for me!

Nothing really spicy - hurts my stomach.

o

Meat
Bell peppers
Raw tomatoes

o

runny egg yolks
canned creamed corn
I will try almost anything once....already tried fried eggs with runny yolks and canned creamed corn.

o

1. Raw oysters

2. Sushi

3. Watermellon!

When about 6 yrs old, I developed a reaction to watermellon. It made me sick to my stomach. After many years, I became able to eat a small portion, and now in my old age, I can eat a little of it if I do so slowly. This aversion also spilled over to muskmellon, however, not as stongly. By the time I was 40, I could muskmellon if I did not gorge on it.

o

1. Any raw seafood, and no oysters, raw or cooked.

2. Organ meat.

3. Cilantro.

o

1) Mushrooms
2) Avocado
3) Sushi, well, make that more specific, sashimi

o

These lists are sooooo interesting to me! It triggered some fun conversation with Robert this evening. I've had all of those foods at some time in my life....with the exception of skungilli. Had to look up that one! I'd eat it.

My whole world of preferred edibles doubled when I moved to a coastal area (Beaufort, SC) . Freshly harvested ocean fish and shell fish are now like manna to me.....as are the wide variety of southern veggies.

I've had chicken feet, gator, wild hog, possum, diamondback rattlesnake, and other foods eaten by local people.

So, here's my list....

Eyeballs....(SOME cultures consider these food)
Raw insects

o

organ meats
insects or reptiles
raw foods

o

that was supposed to say raw seafood or meat, I do eat some raw foods, lol.

o

raisens
raw meat or raw seafood
mountain oysters

o

organ meat (any!)

chitlins

cantaloupe

o

organ meats (less and less of any type meat)

raw seafood

cheesecake (hate it!)

o

Eggplant
Squirrel
Okra-unless it's fried

No bugs, either. Ick!

o

I don't drink milk, eat sweet potatoes or beets.

o

Any and all meat of any kind
lima beans
chili

o

Cilantro, bleck just thinking about it.
Oysters
figs

o

Cilantro
Okra
Lamb

o

1. Any kind of seafood. My Dad was military and stationed overseas when my Mom was pregnant with me. She used to get fresh fish everyday from a local fisherman in Monterey, where they lived and she ate fish just about everyday. When she was pregnant with my brother, they moved to base housing at Ft. Ord and she didn't eat much fish. I can't even stand the smell of fish... Yet my Mom and brother LOVE it. Go figure.

2. Mushrooms. It's a fungus - just the thought grosses me out.

3. Any kind of "weird meat" like organs, feet, eyes, brains, liver, heart, etc. I also won't eat any meat but chicken, turkey and lean beef. The occasional piece of bacon on something is ok, but not plain. To add to this, I also won't eat anything that still has a head attached and I have a hard time if the meat still looks like what it is - such as a rotisserie chicken or whole turkey.

I'm picky... LOL!

o

My top three most offensive foods are: raw onion, garlic in any form..cilantro/cumin/curry

o

1. No weird animals(organs, Rocky mtn., eyes, brains, chitlins)

2. gefilte fish, raw oysters or pickled pigs feet

3. Bugs

and......licorice.

o

I have to say ... after seeing more posts ... I'm surprised how many people don't like cilantro! Maybe because I'm getting ready to start preparing/cooking my chicken chile verde (with a TON of cilantro in it) for dinner tonight and can't imagine it without cilantro. Although... I absolutely detest certain "spices" or " flavor enhancers" as well - curry, dill and capers come to mind. How about everybody else? What spice or flavor do you not care for?

o

Okra,
Beets,
Lima beans
I'm a meat and potatoes gal....No veggies but corn, green beans, tomatoes, brocolli

o

beets
olives

That's not even true. I'll eat olives if they're cut up and in bread. I guess, growing up poor made me grateful for all foods. Except beets. Why would anyone want to eat dirt? I don't understand the appeal.

o

I detest sweet potatoes, eggplant, cottage cheese and squash of all kinds.

As for seasonings, the only one I can think of disliking is curry.

o

I have been around the world 5 times and in all 50 states, and wherever I went I tried the local cuisine,,,,including wild meats, organ meats, reptiles & snake and even one eyeball,,,but you may rest assured that there are three foods that will never cross my lips again,,,

1. Quiche
2. chitlings
3. Hammas

o

1. Raw Tomatoes

2. Seafood of any kind except tuna salad.

3. Veal. I know what it is, and how it's treated before
killed. I will NOT eat a baby.

oh...and rabbit. No thank you.

o

1. Any/all mollusks (clams, oysters, etc)

2. Eggplant

3. Squid

ShedTheChrysalis, I also dislike cilantro. A LOT of folks, including me, have an allergy to it. For me, while I don't get real sick, cilantro just does NOT agree with me. Cilantro is one of those love it or hate it foods.

o

Nelles - I'm sorry that you're allergic! I'd never heard of anyone allergic before - it caught me off guard. I wouldn't eat anything that makes me sick either... :)

o

Caraway Seeds
Liquid Smoke
Sardines

o

chitterlings
turnip green (or other cooked greens except spinach)
beets

I don't have a problem with dried cilantro. It doesn't taste like fresh cilantro. I don't mind fresh cilantro as long as it's used lightly. I have been growing and using Vietnamese coriander. It's not as overpowering as regular cilantro. It also grows very fast and it's easy to grow. I can't seem to grow regular cilantro.

o

Except for all seafood & some meats (only eat chicken & beef), can't think of any vegetable, fruit, grain, spice, herb or dairy I don't like. I guess if I had to make a short list, however, ANYTHING in the squash family, including pumpkin, would be the last thing I would choose to eat. But if you serve it to me, fine, no problem

o

-liver (and other organ meats)
-tomato juice
-pickles

o

Sushie
Octopus
Turnip

o

I've seen turkey lungs for sale in my local grocery, wouldn't even feed that to my pets. I'm still thinking about the other two.

o

Wow, some of the things some of you won't eat are absolutely delicious! Some are even favorites of mine!

I guess I won't say 'never'. But at this point, I have never tried the following foods and have no wish to do so.

Brains
Kidneys
Insects
Raw seafood

Ok, I named four. But I really do like most food items, or at least am ok with them.

o

I won't eat liver,peas,cottage cheese.

o

I won't eat liver,peas,cottage cheese.

o

I cannot eat any shellfish.
do not care for organ meats..
dislike cotton candy....it is a texture thing, to me it is
like eating insulation, or cob webs,,,, ugh..
and by the way...LOVE cilantro...

o

Cilantro
Coconut milk
Liquid smoke

o

Milk or overly milky items.
Mayo
Things in jello/gelatin that aren't fruit.

o

1. chitterlings
2. liver of any kind
3. brains

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here