Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's Christmas Card exchange sign up time!

Posted by tami_ohio (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 18:01

It's that time again! Fall has arrived. It's been pretty chilly around here, the leaves are changing and falling. It's time for me to start the sign up for the Christmas Card exchange again. If you would like to sign up, please email me thru my page with your real name, screen name, and snail mail address (P O Box if you want). Please use the email that you want to receive the list at. For those who have not participated before, here is how it works. You email me with the above information. You have until about a week before Thanksgiving to sign up. I will then divide the list of those who sign up into approx. 10 people. I will email the list of everyone who signs up sometime Thanksgiving weekend. I will ONLY give the addresses to those who sign up. NO ONE ELSE. You will send to those in the group in which your name appears. After you have sent to those people, you may send to anyone or everyone else on the list, but please make sure you mail to everyone in your group first. I would like to see everyone have thier cards sent out by the end of the first week of December, as those outside of the USA take 1-2 weeks for thier mail to arrive. And many like to use the cards to decorate with in the weeks before Christmas.

I am looking forward to all the beautiful cards I receive each year! It always puts a smile on my face when I go to the Post Office Box and find a handful of cards!

Tami

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's Christmas Card exchange sign up time!

please send my list to:

lindaculp@hotmail.com

thanks, again!!

lindalou

o

Oh, yes, I'll email you.....it's fun.

o

YES ME ME ME same info as last year but I will email you
Minnie in TX

o

Yes, Minnie, please do email me with your info again this year. That way I can copy and paste knowing I have it right. You too, Phyllis! As of a minute ago, I don't have an email from you.

I am sending a reply email to each of you who sign up so you know I have added you to the list. It also will automatically put you in my email contacts so I don't have to manually type your email addys into the email when I send the list out.

Tami

o

Include me please. pfausjanice34@gmail.com

o

Right now I don't know if I can afford to participate this year but I will see how it goes in a few weeks and then I might join up. I may have some stamps left over from last year

Anne

o

Jannie, please email me with your info so I get it correct. If you don't want to click on my page to do it, my email from last year is correct.

Anne, Hope you can join us! Just let me know. You have plenty of time yet.

Tami

o

Thanks, I love getting the cards. I will email you my info.

o

I love getting lots of Christmas cards, I use them to decorate my front entrance. Just remember postage to Canada is extra. Many of the Christmas card list joiners are from the Great White North.

o

count me in too.
I will email you

o

I've never done it before, but I think I'm up for it this year. You have mail.

o

You have mail from me, too!

o

Just sent my info!

o

Looks like we are off to a good start.

Add me in...

I'll email you.

o

Bringing this back up to the top. I think I've got about 14 on the list so far.

o

I just checked in 2004 we had 62 sign up

o

I've got 18 made so far love doing it

o

I hope more sign up. We only have 18 now. Hopefully more will sign up closer to Thanksgiving. I may not make mine this year. I may be lazy and buy them from my DB. If I do, you are all in for a treat! He is a graphic artist with his own studio. Last year the town did a Christmas walk. Each store in town participated. He did a painting of Santa durning the weekend, then turned it into printed cards. He said he hopes to do another one this year. His work is fantastic!

o

Please make sure when you sign up that you include your KT screen name if you don't use your real name. I have had some new people sign up, and I didn't have all the info. I had to email them back for it. I am sending a reply email anyway, so you know I got your info. Hope more people join us! It's so much fun!

Tami

o

Repeating
I just checked in 2004 we had 62 sign up
hope more sign up
Still plenty of time

o

Yikes, I didn't know we had to make them. I am not an crafty person, darn it. Can you take me off the list, Tami. I'm sorry--I didn't understand.

o

Patti, no need to take you off the list. You do NOT need to make them. Store bought is just fine. Please stay with us.

Tami

o

Oh, what a relief! I just about had a panic attack :-) I truly think a first grader would do a better job at making cards than I would!

o

PattiI think I saved all m cards over the years (around here somewhere0 AND ALMOST ALL WERE STORE BOUGHT. i USED TO DO RUBBER STAMPING AND LOVED TO MAKE THEM mY CARDS THIS YEAR ARE STORE BOUGHT BUT i JUS DRESSED THEM UP A LITTLE.sorry about the caps

o

Thanks, Minnie. Store-bought I can do :-)

o

Glad you feel better about joining us Patti. I'm sorry you got the impression that they had to be hand made. I hope more sign up. Counting me, we only have 19 signed up.
Tami

o

Count me in, too. I'll send you my info..

Susie

o

Anyone else?

o

I'm "thinking" about it Tami-will let you know soon.

o

Thanks Ont_gal! I'm looking forward to hearing from you and many others.

Tami

o

Tami, I would love to do the Christmas card exchange but I am having elbow surgery this Fri & I will be in a metal cast from under my armpit to my wrist for at least 2 months. Hope you have this next year & I will not be going in for a 5th surgery.

o

mary3444

We'd love to send you a card I'm sure others would too you can send one later
ont_gal you too. I don't care if I dont get one back

o

((Mary)), that sounds very uncomfortable. Hope the surgery is a big success and, yes, no surgery for next year. Will you be able to type?

o

minnie tx-thank you for saying that. I just hate not to be able to send back but I would love to get the cards.
patti43-it is very uncomfortable as the only time it comes off is when you shower. I can type with one hand, takes a while but the only thing I can't do is the caps. I will send tami my info but I hope everyone understands I can't send a card back
Mary

o

Tami, I tried to send you my address by e-mail & all I get is message rejected. I am not good on the computer so I don't know how to fix this. Mary

o

Mary, click on my name at the top of the post, then click where it says send me an email.

I will be happy to add you to the list! Sending prayers for a successful surgery and swift healing.

Tami

o

There is only two weeks left to sign up! I hope more sign up and join in the fun. Please email me thru my page to sign up. It's always so much fun to see who has sent you a card each day when you go to the mail box!

Tami

o

I hope a lot more sign up it is so much fun to get a card and see who it is from..Only time I send mail except a bill or two

o
RE:2 It's Christmas Card exchange sign up time!

You've got mail! :)

o

Sent ;)

o

Countrycottageklutz, I don't have your info yet.

As of right now we have 24 including me. Two more weeks!

Tami

o
Only two more weeks!

I'm bringing this back up to the top. We only have two more weeks to sign up before I send out the lists. I've gotten a couple more since last night. Thanks girls! I hope a few more sign up. Right now we are at 26.

Tami

o
RE: It's Christmas Card exchange3 sign up time!

bump

o
RE: It's Christmas Card exchange sign4 up time!

Have my stamps purchased now and the cards waiting to to be filled out!!thank you Tami!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here