SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

Christmas suggestion for young kids

sheilajoyce_gw
10 years ago

I bought my 6 year old grandson's Christmas present last year the day after Halloween--costumes for dress up. My sister and I scoured two large Halloween Costume stores for deals the day after Halloween, and I hit the Costco just before Halloween. I waited till Christmas and wrapped them all in a big box. He, his brother and his friends have played with them all year, and he still can fit into most of them, though the pants may be a little short. I found costumes for an astronaut, a pirate, a race car driver, a Roman soldier with shield, etc, a knight, a jet fighter pilot, and a super hero. We bought him a Power Ranger costume this year, but today he chose to bring the jet fighter pilot costume to school for the school parade on the playground at 1:30. His school neighborhood really gets into Halloween decorations and costumes since it is close to a couple of film studios and so many of the parents seem to be in the industry.

So anyhow, I am mentioning this in case other grandmas want to try for the same idea. It makes for an easy shopping spree for a unique present, but you have to be sure to shop by November 1st as many stores pack everything away by the 2nd.

Comments (5)