Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas suggestion for young kids

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 31, 13 at 18:01

I bought my 6 year old grandson's Christmas present last year the day after Halloween--costumes for dress up. My sister and I scoured two large Halloween Costume stores for deals the day after Halloween, and I hit the Costco just before Halloween. I waited till Christmas and wrapped them all in a big box. He, his brother and his friends have played with them all year, and he still can fit into most of them, though the pants may be a little short. I found costumes for an astronaut, a pirate, a race car driver, a Roman soldier with shield, etc, a knight, a jet fighter pilot, and a super hero. We bought him a Power Ranger costume this year, but today he chose to bring the jet fighter pilot costume to school for the school parade on the playground at 1:30. His school neighborhood really gets into Halloween decorations and costumes since it is close to a couple of film studios and so many of the parents seem to be in the industry.

So anyhow, I am mentioning this in case other grandmas want to try for the same idea. It makes for an easy shopping spree for a unique present, but you have to be sure to shop by November 1st as many stores pack everything away by the 2nd.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas suggestion for young kids

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

o

I love that idea--thanks!

o

That is a good idea; kids like to play dress-up any time, not just Halloween. I saw Costco had some really nice costumes too.

o

Great Idea!!! My little granddaughter LOVES dressing up! I have bought little flower girl dresses at yard sales so she can dress up like a "princess". :)

o

Another good source...believe it or not...is Cracker Barrel. Nice quality, too. My g'kids are all teens now, but they all LOVED costume play year round when younger. I used to love getting them at 75% off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here