Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 18:01

Wow, I sure am late! I'll tell you about my day another time. Harry's DD went to dinner with a friend so tonight we're just having toasted egg salad sandwiches and chips. Too tired for anything harder than that!

What are you having tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

My lunch and dessert was delicious, but not good health wise! Gonna be waddling lot more if I continue this.

5 Guys: little burger with mayo, lettuce, grilled onions and mushrooms.

Plus pumpkin pecan cheesecake ice cream at Brusters!

o

Spaghetti n meatballs... made with home made pasta sauce from our roasted summer veggies.... and it smells sooo good simmering on the stove.. I no longer make my own pasta though... We will have a salad, and garlic toast to go with it..

Bon Apetite'

Carolyn

o

We just finished a nice dinner of: ham steak with peach sauce, glazed carrots, broccoli and homemade corn muffins.

o

Stuffed peppers with peppers from the garden.

o

Stuffed peppers with peppers from the garden.

o

I've got a chicken thawed for spatchcocking, but don't know if I feel like having that. :-( Might just be a free for all night.

o

I did not feel like fixing anything at all so I just ate a piece of un frosted white cake and some iced tea. Cleaning beans and canning again this afternoon.

Sue

o

Sliced red potatoes topped with boneless skinless chicken breast all smothered in a garlic Parmesan sauce and baked in the oven.

o

Close your eyes, patti, when you come to mine. I had pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and a slice of fresh oat bread.

Shirley

o

Fish. A friend of Jody's brought us some grouper. Jody wants it baked, and I want it fried. So, I will fry mine...and then fight him off of it when he realizes mine is better than his.

o

We had a ragu of sauteed onions, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash and tomatos (canned with oregano and rosemary) served over rosemary parmesean polenta.

o

ravencajun, i would love your recipe for your garlic parmesan sauce. sounds heavenly!!! :)

o

Well, I did it again. All you dinners sound so good. Okay, except the sauerkraut, Shirley :-) I must've been super tired because I commented on everyone's dinner, but I obviously forgot to hit "Submit" after I "Previewed". Rats!

Marilyn, I have to say I'd fight for the fried grouper, too. How lucky are you guys to get grouper--for free. Hope you enjoyed it.

o

lindalou it is excellent and so easy here you go

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

sorry couldn't help myself lol
That is what I use it is by Ragu in their cheezy sauces series.

Spray my casserole dish with pam. I slice thinly red potatoes or any type will do, you can slice some onion in there too if you like, then sprinkle some salt and pepper on the potatoes (I just use pepper because the sauce has salt in it) lay my chicken pieces on top pour the sauce over it all, top with a hand full of grated cheese (I had colby jack available so that is what I used) put in the oven at 400 for an hour or so, check for potatoes doneness and that the thickest chicken is done.
I always get compliments on it and asked for the recipe.
Could not be much easier. It is a good go to funeral dinner meal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here