Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Saturday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 17:55

It's football Saturday at our house. We're having chicken stir-fry for dinner. Frozen blueberry salad "cupcakes", too.

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Saturday?

IHopped, today!

Senior 2x2x2 Two eggs over easy, two pancakes, two sausage links.

I like to put my eggs over one pancake to soak up the runny yolks, and the other one on a separate plate for syrup. Good day for brunch!

o

Glenda: After my mother fixed pancakes for our huge brood, she'd fix herself one large one and top it with an egg. You brought back a memory today.

I had an open-faced pulled pork sandwich. I cooked 4 different vegetables in some freshly made chicken broth, so had that as my side dish.

Shirley

o

I'm going to make Mexican potatoes...essentially a taco but served over a baked potato instead. Easier to eat and I love them!

o

I had a large tomato from our garden and cut into wedge shapes and put a bunch of cottage cheese in the center. That was my supper along with some Club crackers and iced tea to drink. After baking all afternoon, didn't feel like cooking up much for myself.

Sue

o

Our stir-fry was crapola ;-) I didn't even bother to save the leftovers since neither of us would eat it. I hate it when that happens but that's a chance you take, I guess.

Wish I'd had pancakes, Glenda. Whenever I mention pancakes to Harry he's a happy camper.

Shirley, I'd love to have some of your vegetables. Which veggies did you cook together in the broth?

Georgysmom, those do sound good. Enjoy!

Sue, I don't blame you one bit. You did a heck of a lot of baking today and just smelling those wonderful smells fills me up. Hope you had Michigan brand cottage cheese with that tomato :-)

Oops--FSU is playing now! See 'ya later.

o

Soup for DW. I hate to call it "leftover" soup as it's made in a quantity to be eaten a few times as part of her low calorie pursuits (read diet). There aren't many foods as tasty, nutrient rich and diet friendly as a vegetable heavy soup.
I will certainly label my dinner "leftovers" as it's the other half of the pizza I made yesterday evening.

o

Cabbage, celery, carrots, and one small potato cubed to satisfy my potato cravings went into my broth. I meant to add corn, but it slipped my mind.

Shirley

o

We had the rest of the lemon chicken, rice and corn from last night.

We drove all day in the motor home and are now in Fredericksburg, Texas. Will be here for 3 days. It is Octoberfest weekend so lots going on. Cold here so will have the heater going tonight.

o

We went to an Oktoberfest party last night....potluck....so I cooked sauerkraut all day with a smoked pork hock. We had enough to bring home.
I sliced the left over pork roast in thick slices and buried it the sauerkraut and baked it in the oven. I heated up the potatoes and carrots topped with some green beans and it turned out to be one of the best suppers we have had in a long time. I would rate it as excellent!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here