Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomorrow Will Be Eleven Years

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 17:51

Tomorrow is Saturday October 27. On Saturday October 27 2001 I returned from morning grocery shopping with a terrible headache. I'd been having headaches since April, my doctor thought it was my inner ears and prescribed somerthing for dizziness and vertigo. Upon my return from shopping, I went in the bathroom with a full bladder. As I sat, I felt a sudden feeling of extreme dizziness come over me and I started to fall. I leaned away from the tub and lay down on a small carpet and fell asleep. Hours later my husband found me unconscious on the floor. He called the paramedics. My blood pressure was 200 over 125, I had had a hemmorragic stroke. Spent six weeks in 2 hospitals recovering. They found I had both high blood pressure and failing kidneys. Managed to return to work in early 2002 but couldn't really focus and I went out on disability within 3 years. Started hemo dialysis in August 2007, had a successful kidney transplant Friday January 13 2012. I consider myself to have three birthdays I celebrate-my original day in November when I came into this world, Oct 27 when I nearly died and January 13 when my life was saved by a miracle, an organ donor and a skilled surgeon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomorrow Will Be Eleven Years

Wow, you've really been thru the wringer! Scares me as I just complained to my husband a headache I've been having since yesterday. hmmmm
So glad you are with us today and doing well.

o

Happy Birthday X 3, sounds like you have been through a lot. Thank goodness for medical science and just a reminder to never take life for granted!

o

Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday. It's great to be alive, isn't it?

o

Glad you are doing well jannie!!!

o

So glad you are with us today and doing well.

o

Celebrating with you today and your other two celebrating days. I know how thankful you are for all the skills that have helped keep you going. Many many more celebrating days are wished for you!

o

Happy Happy Happy birthday to you and may there be many many many more!!
Love those kind of miracles!

o

You are certainly a miracle! Having come very close to dying myself, I know how that alters your outlook on life. I guess your mansion in Heaven isn't ready yet, or there's more for you to do here, for which we are thankful and hope to have you around for a long time.

I have missed updates on the latest surgery on your arm--was the third time the charm? And is everything still great from the transplant? Hugs!

o

It is great to be alive! My dad used to say about getting older "Consider the alternative."

o

Happy 3 yr birthday!

o

Glad you've pretty well recovered, Jannie!

Every day above the grass is a good day - so long as we have reasonably good health and can function.

ole joyful

o

Yes the third operation on my dialysis arm "fistula"' was successful. It's much improved,I saw my kidney doctors yesterday and they thought it looked fine. I'll see the vascular surgeon again soon, just for a re-check.

o

WOW, Jannie, you sound extremely lucky!

Happy Birthday!

Moni

o

Happy Birthday X 3!

Has anyone heard from Dink and if she has/will get her kidney transplant?

o

Jannie, Happy Birthday x3! You are truly an inspiration. With all that you had been going through, you always managed to visit the KT and be a strong support for those in need. Hugs to you!

I see Dink post often on the cooking forum. I have been tempted to ask her there, but don't want to call her out. Sure miss her here.

o

Jannie, you sure have been through a lot. Bet every day's a celebration for your family.

o

A heartfelt Happy Birthday! :)

o

Now that is a great story, with a very happy ending. Congrats!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here