Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 17:16

Finally finished cleaning. What used to take me a day takes me 3 days now, thanks to my achy back. Just glad it's finished and hope it stays clean until Tuesday.

We're having pancakes and sausage for dinner tonight. Makes Harry happy and easy to do.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

Nikki's dowtown: My usual was fried snapper fingers, spinach and hominy!

o

Blackened boneless pork loin chops, a rice dish, corn, and cantaloupe for dessert.

o

As usual, everything sounds good to me.

I had stuffed peppers, a small potato, and 'treated' myself to chocolate milk.

Shirley

o

Friends are taking DH and I out tonight for dinner at Wood Ranch for my retirement of 2 years ago?? LOL we are slow moving here in So Cal~~~I previewed the menu only 2 vegetarian choices, I have had the vegie burger and it was OK so I will have the roasted veggie salad ;) Works for me I do not have to cook~~~~

o

Beautiful weather in Possum Territory (near Galveston). Mike grilled baked potato and steak. I nuked some Bobby beets.

o

Cheryl and I left early this morning and took one of Amber's dogs to the vet to have her eye removed. The vet did not know if she would even survive the surgery as she is up in years. Thankfully she did and we brought her back home this evening. After dropping the dog off we went to another town and had breakfast at Bob Evan's as I had a coupon to buy one and get one. My meal was french toast with scrambled eggs, bacon and for the first time, grits. It was served with just butter. It was okay with butter, but there was not enough for me as it seemed very bland with out it. I would have liked it with milk and a sweetener. I also had unsweetened iced tea. We shopped all day and then picked up Angel, her dog. On the way home my husband called and wanted to know if we wanted pizza for supper as Papa John's had the businessman's special, half price on their food. So of course we went to Amber's and that is what we had, pizza and wings. I had not planned on any supper for me, but did eat one wing and one piece of pizza. Now I am going to get ready for bed.

Sue

o

Who doesn't like pizza n' wings Mary Sue! :)

We had tacos tonight. Fried chicken on tap for tomorrow (already cut up the bird and put it in the buttermilk mixture) and I believe it's lasagna Sunday.. I just have to receive my orders. *grin*

The tacos aren't as plebeian as they sound. In a nutshell it's a couple of pounds of round (I grind here), three poblano peppers, an onion and spices.. I will use whatever lean meat is the cheapest and trim away the fat is on it.

My God I am so anal!
*It doesnt' have to be round, it just happened to be reduced today.
*It doesn't have to be poblanos, they were on sale. I would use any pepper.
*The spice mixture was one of those pre-packed "Ortega" things and I add a little more salt, cumin and Mexican oregano to compensate for the extra meat. I've never come up with any better seasoning than what I can buy for 75 cents at the grocers.

I mince the peppers and onion and add it with the spices to the ground meat (chopped fine actually, in a food processor). Cook the spiced meat until the pink is gone. I let the meat cool and then in small batches pulse it once or twice in the food processor to get a finer texture.

o
Grrrrrrrr.....

I HATE when I press submit instead of preview!!!!!
ANYWAY!!! Lettuce (from the garden at this time of year), salsa, avocado, yogurt and sharp cheddar served alongside.... grrrrrrrr!!!

More to it but I'm already way to verbose and now I'm pissed off on top of that! ;)

o

Haven't thought about it colored my hair this evening I had a Fish Sandwich at McDonald's around lunch time and brought home some cheeseburgers to have in the fridge but haven't thought about eating

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here