Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 17:14

Our refrigerator/freezer in the garage is on the fritz again. Repairman coming between 5 and 7 tonight. In the meantime I have everything important in the house and it sure is crowded in the freezer section. Hope it can be repaired. If not, we're going to look at used appliances as this one we bought new 5 years ago. Our weather is pretty tough on them though.

I put a corned beef and red potatoes in the crockpot this morning. I'll cook some carrots and onions in the broth. Maybe some cabbage, too. I made a coconut toffee pound cake this afternoon, so if we have room, we'll have a slice.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

BTW--it's just windy as all get out here. Sure glad Sandy isn't any closer to shore than she is!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

We didn't get as much rain today as I thought we would, but has been overcast all day. For supper I just had a ham sandwich on toast with gingerbread and Cool Whip for desert.

Sue

o

I was going to put some chicken out to thaw...and I forgot to do it. Looks like it may be sandwiches or a can of chili. I have been wanting shrimp creole since I read Debn's post about it. My husband still has a shrimp boat and has been getting it ready to go shrimping, but the season is about over. I hope he hurries up and get a few, if only small ones for the freezer.

o

Hartley's Down Home Cooking: hamburger steak with grilled onions, green beans, squash casserole.

I had a coupon for $1 off for meat and 2

Had one for $5 off on $25 or more, and gave it to a group sitting in booth in front of me.

o

I had a pork roast that I added potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to it once it had cooked a while. Very good. When I cook something like that, I usually overindulge....not a lot, but enough that it was unnecessary.

Beautiful here today in my part of Ohio. I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Shirley

o

A bowl of left-over cream of celery soup and stuffed peppers. Good thing I don't have to cook for anyone else. I had many years of the meat and potato meals to make.

o

I went to Mexican lunch with a pal, had a soy latte after, so feeling a bit stuffed. Planned roast beef sandwiches for DH~~~veggie for me, I also bought potato salad, cole slaw and blackberries at Sprouts to go with it. We do not do desserts, DH will snack on something in the evening and if I have anything it will be coconut milk yogurt or micro popcorn~~~

o

The refrigerator guy got here a little after 5. Replaced the relay, which took less than 10 minutes and cost $212.00. Still cheaper than a used refrigerator and it has a warranty. Sigh! It's always something!!

Sue, glad you didn't get a lot of rain--I think! You've had quite a bit lately, haven't you? You may be getting more before the weekend is over.

Marilyn, Deb's creole made me hungry for shrimp anything. Sure hope you get some shrimp soon. I'd just live vicariously through your description of it :-)

Shirley, enjoy that beautiful weather because I'm not hearing very good things about your forecast come Monday. Take care and stock up on anything you may want/need before then. That storm has the potential to be very, very bad.

Phyllis, you make me smile. It sounds nice to eat whatever you want and I know what you mean about years of meat and potatoes.

YogaLady, what fun to have lunch with a friend. I love Mexican (but with meat ;-) But I'd like your dinner. What?? No desserts, ever???

Glenda, once again your lunch is making my mouth water. Nice to have a coupon and I'm sure those people appreciated your coupon.

o

Why I had Shrimp Creole!.....hahahaha Fixed rice and garlic bread with it. Sliced peaches with whipped cream for dessert. I love seafood and since I live on the gulf we eat seafood a lot. Everyone's supper sounds delicious.

Deb

o

Deb, especially yours!!

o

Taco meat, lettuce, tomato, onion, fat free refried beans, hot sauce

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here