Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Saturday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 17:11

Finally! The whole house and all the laundry is done. Now if I can just keep it that way until Tuesday when company comes.

Tonight we're having fried spaghetti, some kind of vegetable--probably peas--and garlic toast. Easy dinner again tonight!

What are you having tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Saturday?

Until I married my husband I had never heard of fried spaghetti. How do you do yours?
We've been painting all day so we are treating ourselves to pizza tonight.

o

Finally a nice day! It's 58 & sunny. We are going to grill some burgers and I will throw some french fries on the baking stone in the oven, probably lettuce salad to go with.

o

I have been wanting to do a beef stew, and it is at this moment simmering in my crock pot.. and smells sooo good...

Since my surgery, I haven't done much cooking with Larry doing the lions share... but now that I am back up on my feet and able to move about better.... I am just loving being back in the kitchen..

Carolyn

o

I had tilapia, a baked potato, and peas for my meal. I followed it up with a slice of homemade (bread machine) bread. It was a new recipe and the center took a big nosedive, but it tastes alright.

Shirley

o

Once again I did not stay home. Cheryl invited me to go to some rummage sales and the barn sale. Then we visited with Amber and Alyssa. I finally got home and was not home long when Cheryl called and invited me out to lunch. She and Kevin picked me up and took me to Richard's. I had a really good hamburger, the salad bar and iced tea. I am not planning on eating any supper! I didn't know you had surgery Country Sunshine, I hope you are doing well.

Sue

o

two.25 acres, I'm surprised you've even heard of fried spaghetti. What I do is fry bacon and save a little of the fat in the pan to fry onion in. I add cooked spaghetti to the pan with the onions and give it a generous dousing of ketchup and stir it all around. Add the crumbled up bacon and that's it! I don't make it often, but it's good and fast. How do you do yours?

Nodakgal, in our local paper in the Weather section they list Fargo's weather and I always think of you. Glad you've warmed up (well, a little anyway). That hamburger will taste even better tonight, I bet.

Carolyn, I know what you mean. I love being in the kitchen. Glad you're feeling well enough to get in there, but bless Larry for feeding you in the mean time. As much as I love to cook, I used to love when Harry was able to make a meal. What a treat!

Shirley, you know I love your meal! That's exactly what we usually have with tilapia, which is our new favorite fish.

Sue, you have the sweetest kids! They are so thoughtful of you. You are so blessed.

o

We just got back about half an hour ago from the Houston get together. We had so much fun and we talked and talked for about 3 hours.

I had soup and salad. The soup was chicken with carrots and some celantro, cheese and other things, very good. Also had a Greek salad that was excellent. Mike, Marilyn and I shared some key lime pie for dessert.

o

We were in the mood for breakfast for supper tonight. I'm making sausage gravy and biscuits, stone ground grits, and fresh fruit on the side. Yum.

o

Nita, what fun that must have been! Wish we all could have been there. I'd just love to meet Marilyn and Raven--don't remember who else was there. Lunch sounds good--especially the Greek salad.

Rhizo, now you can sleep late in the morning--breakfast has been served ;-) And it sounds wonderful!

o

I had lunch today with DS we had Brocheta (sp) then big burgers and fries~~he had a Bison burger, mine was a beet burger~~I also had sweet potato fries so yummy washed down with a Rogue River beer;) So I am not too hungry BUT I have to feed my DH I have left over beef stew maybe he will be OK with that and I bought him a huge brownie when I was out;)

o

The food today at peli peli was amazing. I had the shrimp scampi with African rice pilaf, mango Cole slaw that is awesome, sweet potato fries and I had some of my husband's key lime pie. I tell you it was all so good I was tempted to lick the plate lol

My husband wanted wings for watching the game so he will have those, I got a beautiful big fresh peach and some grapes for me later.

o

Yippee Skippy for me DH suggest himself that he would eat the left over stew~~~~YAY no cooking or cleaning up for YogLady tonight!!!

o
Sinful

Fried chicken, fried okra, mustard greens, potato salad and biscuits. We rarely have a dinner so patently southern but someone had a craving this week. I feel guilty whenever I eat much fried food. DW diets through the week and it gives her plenty of time to dream up a menu for the weekend. That menu is reflected above..

o

Me too....breakfast for supper. Cheese omlet, blueberry muffins from scratch and orange juice.

o

I'll take what OAH had for dinner!

o

Yoga lady I want to know what a beet burger is. When we have left over pasta especially elbow macaroni, we fry it up in a little oil and scramble raw eggs over them and add a few onions to it too. It is so good. Don't knock it until you try it. Last night we went to the cafe here in our town of 50. They have mexican on Saturday night. MY DIL and I had 2 enchiladas and DS and Dh had steaks. It was all very good,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here