Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Tuesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 17:09

Tonight we're having the salmon, corn casserole and Thai cucumbers we were supposed to have last night Harry said he'd rather have cheese and fruit. So we had Brie with sliced apples and pears for dinner last night. At least I didn't have to think about dinner tonight!

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Tuesday?

Hartley's Down Home Cooking: fried chicken breast, baby green limas and a cornbread muffin

o

Homemade vegetable soup and crackers. Sugar cookie and milk for dessert.

Sue

o

Glenda, no mashed potatoes? You sure have will power! I need mashed potatoes with fried chicken (or so my brain says).

Sue, I made vegetable soup a few weeks ago and have two bags sealed in the freezer. I'm hoarding them :-) Not much better than that!

o
RE: ccGrowing for dinner Tuesday?

Growing up, mother fried chicken and served mashed potatoes with a well in the center filled with English peas.

Last time I had mashed potatoes, my son invited me, 2 years ago, to dinner and his wife prepared garlic mashed potatoes.

o

Oh but you must have gravy with that fried chicken and mashed potatoes, throw on the peas too if you want. If I can't have gravy I don't want the mashed potatoes. :)

Sue

o

Shrimp scampi with linguine and garlic bread.

o

Steak with onions, buttered corn and green beans. Also made chili mac for the kids for tomorrow and my lunches.

o

Tonight was 'waddle home' night. Went to the Amish house for dinner. Menu tonight was baked chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes/gravy, creamed peas, a coleslaw salad, homemade white and wheat bread, tapioca pudding w/choc pcs, homemade grape jam, pumpkin pie and raisin cream pie.

I asked for their bread recipe which they very graciously wrote off for me. I've never been much of a bread maker so don't know how I'll do with instructions of: add as much white flour as needed to have it so it's not sticky anymore. They also told me where I can go to find bread pans that do NOT have a nonstick surface.

Shirley

o

Diced potatoes, smothered in a beef stroganoff sauce. Pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

o
RE: What's for dinbbner Tuesday?

Call me different. I'm not a mashed potatoes and gravy person. I take my mashed potatoes without gravy.

Give me gravy on a biscuit and I'm set, but it's gotta be sawmill gravy.

o

Left over turkey, mashed potatoes and acorn squash that my brother sent home with me after Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, and a butter tart for dessert.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here