Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where did the week go

Posted by satine (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 17:09

I have had a very busy week with lots and lots of driving and am looking forward to a quiet weekend. Im doing nothing tonight and very little tomorrow. Visiting a nearby church for an indoor yard sale and greek pastry sale Saturday and breakfast out with a friend Sunday. What plans do you have? Satine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where did the week go

I have been somewhere everyday this week and the week is not over! Tomorrow I will do a lot of baking and cooking for a birthday meal for our daughter Amber at our oldest daughter's house. I just canned 7 more quarts of shell out beans. I still have a big basket of those to clean and can. Some days next week are already filled with plans.

Sue

o

Sue, I love reading your posts and hearing about the good times you spend with your family but honestly I am tired just thinking about all the work you do. How in the world do you find the energy to do it all? I just would love to have half the energy you have. Have a wonderful weekend with your family and happy birthday to your daughter. Satine

o

I kept thinking Thursday was Friday, duh!

o

I'd like Sue's energy, too, Satine! Harry's daughter is visiting from California and tomorrow is her last day with us. Sunday we'll take her a little south of here to catch the Red Coach to Miami. Her DH has been down there staying with his mother so his brother and DW could take a few weeks off for a vacation. It's been nice having her with us.

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, but time seems to go by a lot quicker than it used to. It seemed to drag on forever when I was young--sure wish it's slow down again :-)

When you go for the Greek pastries, would you please eat a baklava for me. I promise I'll take the calories ;-) And maybe have a spanokapita, too. Ooooh, wish I could go with you!

o

I'm with you, seems it's Sunday, and then 20 minutes later, it's Sat. already.

My week isn't done yet, either. Tomorrow, I have an assignment for the newspaper, and DD is coming down to carve pumpkins and have dinner with us. Sunday--THAT will be my weekend this week, and I fully intend to sit back and relax.

o

To me this week has seemed to drag by, I just can not get completely over the funk of that darn flu or what ever the heck it was. I guess it wrecked my get up and go because I have no desire to get up and do much of anything these days.
I need an energy infusion!!
After reading Marilyn sue's post I think I need a nap lol
Wish I could still get up and go and have the energy I did a few years ago.

Unfortunately the hubs has to work all weekend so not much will be happening then either.

o

I am kind like ravencajun--DH had the flu, taking meds and I have been fighting it all week. No appetite, had to go to town today, felt not bad and now feel yucky. Trying to get better so we can at least get the shots.

o

We are still on vacation and are in Tyler, Texas right now. On Tuesday evening we had dinner with Jaybird who lives in Waco and used to post here. Had a great time with her and her husband.

Yesterday afternoon after we got here and got all set up Jen TX, who used to post here, stopped by and visited for a couple of hours. She brought a delicious cranberry apple cake.

Today we had a get together at Vannie's house with Eva TX, Redfeather and I. The other gals in the area could not make it so will plan on seeing them after Thanksgiving 2013.

The rest of this weekend we will be here in the Tyler area and will go see the oil museum in Kilgore. Will look around for other areas of interest also.

We will be heading back out on the road on Monday morning.

Hope you all have a very enjoyable weekend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here