Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 17:07

Geez, it's Friday already. Where does the time go? We ran errands and grocery shopped this afternoon,so it's fish sandwiches and Munchos for dinner. Not so healthy, but good!

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

Surprise Patti, I had shellie beans with potatoes cooked in them and a pint of milk to drink. That was it.
Drizzled all day here and in the mid 40's.

o

So so Golden Corral!

o

Patti my mother in law introduced me to Munchos when we were in Oklahoma for her birthday, I am now addicted to them, I just have to find some here.

I am making oven roasted red potatoes with sweet onion and ham steak.
Fresh pineapple and strawberries for dessert.

o

I went to the wiener roast at the Home with my special needs sister. Even though it was mid 70s and humid out, it was still too cold for a lot of the residents to have it outside. So they cooked the hotdogs outside and brought them in. Menu was hotdogs, potato salad, baked beans, and spice cake bars. Followed up with smores. I hadn't had one of those for eons so I indulged. That will more than hold me for a lot more years.

Shirley

o

I left here at 9:00 a.m. to play golf. By the time I got home, I had just about enough time to clean up, grab a bite to eat and get to the hair salon for a haircut....went grocery shopping and by the time I got back home it was almost 6:00 pm. Not much time to cook so we had a tossed salad and some pizza. Maybe tomorrow will bring on some cooking.

o

Sue, LOL! I'd love your dinner. Did you get all your beans canned? What a job.

Glenda, our GC is always hit and miss so we mainly choose to "miss". The parking lot is always flat full so I guess maybe we just chose bad days to go.

Raven, if you have a Publix they may have them. You have to search for them in the chip aisle, though. Sometimes they're on the bottom shelf.

Shirley, they certainly go out of their way to have fun experiences at your sister's home. Bet that was lots of fun for everyone. I'd sure love a s'more! Actually, just give me a burnt roasted marshmallow and I'll be happy.

Georgysmom, you're just about the busiest gal I know. Bring your pizza to Glenda's pizza party (see her post). :-)

o

Pizza, pizza, pizza.... I've already over-played my pizza hand though.

o

After traveling all day we had lemon chicken, steamed rice, corn and cranberry sauce. Have enough leftovers for tomorrow night.

o

Salmon, baked in foil in the oven with a little olive oil, lemon juice, fresh oregano and garlic powder.

Bok choi, steamed in the microwave with a little salt.

Mushroom caps sauteed on the stove in olive oil and a drop of sherry vinegar, then topped with a cooked mixture of brown and black rice with a pinch of garlic powder and salt, covered and cooked together about 7 minutes more.

It was all good, and we have a bit left over for tomorrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here