Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Tuesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 17:03

The weather is still beautiful here. Very cool mornings and 80's in the p.m. The air hasn't been on in days :-)

Tonight we're having spaghetti with garlic infused olive oil, broccoli, Parmesan and sliced chicken breast on top. Garlic bread, too. Nice and easy!

Hope your weather is nice, too. What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Tuesday?

jim'n nicks bbq for Taco Tuesday: two yummy fried catfish tacos topped with their delicious coleslaw, tartar sauce, and a wedge of lime to squirt over the fish.

o

I read your post about the tacos. Made me very hungry!!

o

Oh what a full fun filled day! I ate no breakfast at home as the girls and I ate a big breakfast at Bob Evan's. Still using the buy one get one free coupons. Then we did grocery shopping. We had so many laughs with Alyssa today. There was one time we laughed so hard we cried and couldn't talk. No supper for me. My breakfast was French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns. I have another busy day again tomorrow. Rainy most of the day today, but warm.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

Aha, you got your carbs in Patti!! I know that you've been craving spaghetti.

I made pulled pork sandwiches out of the leftover pork that I had in the slow cooker the other day. It was so good, and I shared some with the neighbour.

o

Im not sure but I will most likely have soup and grilled cheese. I actually did a little house work today and my knees and legs are killing me. Guess I learned my lesson. Patti, your pasta sounds wonderful. Enjoy. Satine

o

I have no idea, needed to go to the grocery store today but couldn't think of a single thing that seemed appealing. Call DH and told him it was his responsibility!

o

Sue, Alyssa is at that sweet age. Glad you live close enough to enjoy her so much. Your breakfast sounds yummy!

Jasdip, my menu changed--I was getting the chicken out and noticed we still had two chili dogs from DQ from Sunday and we need to eat or toss. So dinner changed to hot dogs and chips with guacamole. :-( At least we won't waste them. We have a very early appt. at VA for Harry tomorrow morning so we'll have lunch out and we never want any dinner after that long day. So the pasta has to wait until Thursday.

o

Satine, I love soup and grilled cheese--now that is real comfort food. (And easy, too.) ;-)

Terilyn, I have so many of those days. Cooking daily gets to be a drag sometimes. Sometimes I ask Harry what sounds good for dinner, and he says, "I don't care." And I say, "Okay we'll have I don't care for dinner." Sometimes I need help with the menu planning.

o

We had spaghetti with meat sauce and it tasted extra good. Maybe it's the cool weather we are having now. I use jarred sauce so it was super easy to make.
Joann

o

As requested by my husband tuna tetrazzini

o

We had BLTs--on whole wheat Amish bread, made with hydroponically grown tomatoes and lettuce from the farm we got to tour on Sat. The lettuce came with it's roots still on, so I've got it sitting in a bowl of water on the window sill--I change the water every morning. It's keeping beautifully and growing. The tomatoes are absolutely the most beautiful I've ever seen--and of excellant quality.

o

We had jasdip's:

Slow-Cooker Sesame Pork Roast

1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
2 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup cider or white vinegar
4 green onions, sliced
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Place roast in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish.

In a bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, sesame seeds, molasses, vinegar, onions, garlic powder and cayenne. Pour half over the roast, marinate overnight. Reserve remaining marinade.

Drain pork, discarding marinade. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the reserved marinade. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce temperature to low; cook 8-9 hours longer or until meat is tender.

Remove the roast and keep warm. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with the roast.

DH absolutely loved it! Can't wait to try it when I actually have all the proper ingredients! (i.e., molassas! LOL)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here