Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Monday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 17:01

We are having lasagne, compliments of Stouffer's, and garlic toast tonight.

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Monday?

I am having a scrambled egg sandwich and iced tea to drink.

Sue

o

Since our city's Oktoberfest ended this weekend, I made sausages with sauerkraut and fried onions. Boiled new potatoes and broccoli. Yum.

o

Since we are moving to a new location tomorrow we will be cleaning out the leftovers in the fridge. We have some ribs, ham, mashed potatoes and there might be some veggies in there.

I won't be cooking the next couple of nights since we have been invited out to friends houses.

Waiting now for Marilync to come by. She has some things for me. She also made a fruitcake and is bringing part of that also. Yum!!

o

Was hungry cause I didn't eat a regular meal Saturday or Sunday, so Paw Paw Patch for me today.

chicken fried steak with white gravy
fried green tomatoes, except they were more red than green, and too juicy
turnip greens
Mexican corn bread

I'm satisfied@

o

Easy peasy chicken manicotti!
Chicken, string cheese, mushrooms, a jar of sauce and manicotti noodles. Mozzarella on top.

o

I made lean ground turkey gravy, mashed potatoes, leftover peas, and leftover mac/cheese to which I had added broccoli and cauliflower.

Shirley

o

Soup and sub sandwiches, we have some of the good soup left from yesterday.

o

Oooh, I do love me an egg sandwich, Sue. Yum!

Jasdip, I like all your dinner except for the sauerkraut. I forgot to add that to my "foods you don't like" post :-)

Glenda, wow--you really were hungry, and for good reason! Everything sounds good even the juicy tomatoes.

Kathyg, I haven't had string cheese around since my DD was a child. Did you just mix everything together and fill them with the sauce on top? Bet your house smells good.

Shirley, did you make the gravy like you would sausage gravy? Now why didn't I ever think of that. Even sausage gravy on mashed potatoes sound good. Enjoy!

Raven, did you enjoy lunch with the ladies the other day? Sure would've been fun to be there. Did I miss your telling us all about it? Or is my mind running on empty?

o

Nita, you're having a buffet tonight! I would gladly eat your leftovers anytime ;-)

o

patti: I cook/brown the meat. Then I make a 'gravy' out of the pan drippings and broth either from a can or my own homemade. I think a lot of people use milk instead in their sausage gravy. And yes, whether it's beef, pork or turkey, I like it.

Shirley

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here