Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Sunday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 17:01

We just got back from the grocery and got everything put away and now it's time to start dinner. Ick!

I'm going to make a pot of chili since it turned really cool this afternoon. Supposed to get down into the 40's overnight. Was going to make Glenda's cornbread but that'll have to wait for another day.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Sunday?

I really don't know as we are invited out to Logan's Steak House to celebrate Amber's birthday. I am sure it will be good.

Sue

o

I'm going to fix grilled pork chops, grilled pineapple rings(oh yea!!!) and a salad of some kind. Left over cake from yesterday for dessert if David wants any but that grilled pineapple will double as dessert for me.

Deb

o

Comfort food tonight. I'm going to make a 3 cheese mac and cheese, oven baked chicken, baby peas. I might sautee some zucchini, too.....just to have more green things on the plate, lol.

o

My SIL is allergic to turkey, so she always brings homemade cabbage rolls for Thanksgiving. She had given me a bunch that I had in the freezer, and that's on the menu for tonite. With some extra sauerkraut, Patti!!

o

I used to make wedding soup fairly often, but for some reason, I haven't made it for 5 yrs or more. I cooked the chicken yesterday so I could defat the broth. I didn't have any spinach but it still turned out very good.

Shirley

o

Haven't posted in a while - working on my master's. We have beef barley split pea soup in the crock pot. Comfort food & hoping that we will withstand the effects of Hurricane Sandy!

o

Sue, Happy Birthday to Amber! The best kind of meal is one you don't have to shop and cook for. Enjoy your dinner and family.

Deb, pork and pineapple just seem to go together, don't they? And nothin' is better than grilled anything ;-)

Rizo, I'm not a big fan of mac and cheese, but I made one that was sooo good. I think it may have been the same one you're having. I froze some in portions and we ate the last of it a while back. I love everything you're having.

Jasdip, you crack me up. Enjoy that sauerkraut :-( Nice of your SisIL to share the cabbage rolls.

Shirley, I haven't made wedding soup for a while either and Harry really likes it. (Yeah, I know, Harry likes everything, it's true.) If your weather is anything like ours, you will enjoy the warmth.

Hostapasta, good for you for going for your Masters. What in, if I may ask? I sure hope that Sandy isn't going to be as bad as they say, but no matter what, it's a huge storm so there will be a ton of rain someplace. Now, back to your books :-)

We decided to pick up some egg drop soup for dinner. Neither of us were up for chili tonight. Woo hoo! I love egg drop soup. I could make it myself, but why?

o

LOL Patti! Why make it when you can do take-out?
You're cute!

o

Jody brought home barbecue....brisket and pork ribs. I had some sirloin I took out of the freezer, but will put it back in the fridge for tomorrow night.

o

Please can I come over to your houses tonight for supper? All I found for supper here was two frozen egg rolls. They tasted good, but kinda hungry for something else now. My cupboards and fridge are bare I tell you. Well, I've got pastas, sauce, rice, the basics; guess I just don't feel like cooking this late. So, I'm not hurting that bad.

o

We had boneless center cut pork chops, home fries, some home made apple sauce (yum) and a tossed salad.

o

Loose meat spaghetti, and green beans with bacon and potatoes, and onions.

o

I had a great meal at Logan's. My meal was southwest barbecue chicken, came with coleslaw, I had a side salad, and onion petals. All the yeast rolls I wanted to eat and a couple of peanuts. Water to drink. I brought half of my chicken and onions home.

Sue

o

Bobby and Amber came for dinner. Mike did potatoes wrapped in foil with onions, steak and I heated up some Bobby beets and corn for Amber and me. Bobby was thrilled with the beets. Guess they don't have those at home since Amber doesn't like them.

Was nice seeing them. Bobby has lost 24 pounds since we saw him last. He is planning on going into the service so had to drop some weight. He looks real good.

o

NITA what is Bobby beets?

o

I had loaded the slow cooker with 15 bean soup and lots of ham it was wonderful, had some fresh sourdough bread to sop in it. Excellent choice for a cool day.

o

It's plain old beets in a can. Over the months (years) I have referred to them as Bobby beets because when I would ask Bobby to get us a can of veggies from the garage he would always bring beets. Bobby just loves his beets. LOL Mike likes them too so tonight they split it between them.

o

I had oven roasted potatoes and tomatoes and a pan fried sirloin steak cooked rare. It was good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here