Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Saturday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 20, 12 at 16:58

Tonight we're having spare ribs, green beans with little red potatoes and glazed carrots. This is Harry's DD's last day with us :-( I have the ribs cooking at a low temp.now,since we don't usually eat until around 7. I just rub them with S&P and garlic powder, wrap them tightly in foil and put on a rack above a baking sheet and cook for 2-1/2 hours. They usually turn out tender using that method.

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Saturday?

Zoe's for my usual: spinach rollups and braised white beans.

No one anywhere around was busy cause our two big college games are out of town. Easy in and out to eat today.

o

Those ribs sound delicious Patti. Vannie and her husband came to visit at the motor home. Then they took us on a tour of the area and we stopped for late lunch at this wonderful restaurant in Longview. There was all kinds of seafood on the menu so it was hard to decide what to eat.

I had large shrimp stuffed with crab, baked potato, coleslaw and before it was delivered they brought delicious crisp bread. Also a tray of corn relish, pickled okra, sweet pickles and some cheese butter. Man we ate so much we were stuffed when we left.

With all the great restaurants around here we would be rolling everywhere if we lived here. I told Vannie I need to start a folder and keep a list of all the restaurants as she posts about them at the Meeting House.

We are having a wonderful time here. Will be moving again on Monday morning.

o

I am on my own tonight since hubby is working so I am just pulling a pizza out of the freezer.

Nita I am jealous! Sounds fabulous.

o

I had a late lunch as I was so busy today in my kitchen. So for my supper I just had a glass of milk.

Sue

o

I cooked whole wheat noodles, drained and added a jar of Ragu alfredo sauce. I then stirred in the meatballs I'd made earlier. I also had steamed broccoli, and a thin slice of homemade bread.

I'd have loved to gone out for seafood like Nita.

Shirley

o

Glenda, I have your recipe for the braised beans--now I just have to remember to try them :-)

Nita, I think we're all envious of your lunch and time with friends. Everything sounds delicious, especially that cheese butter. Woo hoo! Have a safe trip home, friend.

Raven, what a bummer to have DH working on a weekend. Enjoy the pizza with a good book or a girlie movie!

Bless your heart, Sue. You're a good mom!

Oooh,Shirley, that sounds yummy. I want meatballs!!!!

o

Today is my husbands birthday so we are having chicken parmesan with spag & garlic bread. For dessert I made a boston cream pie, could never understand why they call this a pie.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here