Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Sunday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 12 at 16:55

We took Harry's DD to catch the Red Coach to Miami where her DH has been caring for his mother. There happened to be a Dairy Queen there so I got us chili dogs and a medium pumpkin pie blizzard. That was 2 hours ago and I am still stuffed. It felt good to be naughty :-) No dinner at our house tonight!!

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Sunday?

Waffle House: scrambled cheese eggs, sausage patty, dry grits, raisin bread with apple butter

o

Both of the above meals sound wonderful.

I sauteed thin slices of chicken breast, made into strips, along with mushrooms. Had steamed corn. Also had leftover alfredo noodles.

Shirley

o

Pinto beans, fresh picked mixed greens (oh my aching back)and baked acorn squash. I'll have enough greens to put a few packages in the freezer, if I can find room.

jude

o

Today was the big birthday meal at Cheryl's for Amber. We had ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, shellie beans, corn, candied sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, cucumber and onion salad, cranberry salad, pickled beets, rolls, pumpkin pie, black raspberry pie, gingerbread, white birthday cake, lemonade, iced tea, and pop. Needless to say I will not be eating a thing for supper. Most of the vegetables we grew and the black raspberries.

Sue

o

I have no clue. I think a Margarita sounds good. Let's see, Agave is a cactus, and cactus is a vegetable...

o

Sue, apparently my invitation to the birthday meal got lost in the meal. I'm so sorry, I know I would have enjoyed it.:-)

jude

o

We're going to be eating later. I've got our favourite pork roast recipe going in the slow-cooker. We'll have broccoli and mashed potatoes to go with it.

o

Nuked two pieces of frozen pizza around 4pm, then ate a sweet roll awhile later. Just awhile ago dug into a bag of chips. Now doesn't that sound like a healthy dinner? That kind of picking usually leaves me hungry right before bed.

o

Not feeling up to par, so not sure... Larry said he would fix us something later.... We are now taking a break from cutting up deer meet to be ground into burger... Got to pick up some beef fat at the store tomorrow....

o

Didn't go anyplace today I put two Banquet Sweet and Sour Chicken dinners on a microwave plate and nuked them made a nice meal topped it off with acouple of Reeses miniature PB Cups.

o

Jasdip - share your recipe? Thawing a pork roast for Tues dinner.

o

Grrrrr.. you can't eat like that Schoolhouse!
I did pizza, it's a football thing.
Schoolhouse, you CAN'T eat like that! :(

o

Angela, I'm going to post the recipe here and on the Recipe thread.

I've posted the recipe here and at the Cooking forum and given it to several friends and it's a hit with everyone who's tried it.

I'm going to make pulled-pork sandwiches out of the leftovers for tomorrow's dinner.

It does call for marinating overnite first, but I'm not 100% sure that it is absolutely necessary.

Slow-Cooker Sesame Pork Roast

1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
2 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup cider or white vinegar
4 green onions, sliced
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Cut roast in half; place in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish.

In a bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, sesame seeds, molasses, vinegar, onions, garlic powder and cayenne. Pour half over the roast, marinate overnight. Reserve remaining marinade.

Drain pork, discarding marinade. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the reserved marinade. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce temperature to low; cook 8-9 hours longer or until meat is tender.

Remove the roast and keep warm. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with the roast.

o

Got it! Thank you so much! What do you serve with it?

o

Angela, we like it with either rice or mashed potatoes. Broccoli is our favourite veg, so that is often what I'll have.

I often add my homemade barbecue sauce to some leftover sauce from the roast, and have any leftover meat as pulled-pork sandwiches the following day.

SuzieQ, and Ci_lantro have both made this, and they loved it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here