Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did something I have NEVER done before-what do you think?

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 16:55

I received a really nice group of thought about taking care of our loved ones, telling them how much we love them etc. I thought --boy these are really good thoughts, and then the very last sentence cancelled everything. It was asking us to vote against a politician. That one thought to me destroyed the entire message. What was really annoying it came from a close dear relative. I responded back that the person they asked me to vote against, was also a family person and they did have a loving family and because I know many of these people who received and sent this message are very active in a church to me was was a lack of respect. Will see what happens now. So disappointed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did something I have NEVER done before-what do you think?

Marie, that is wrong in so many ways. Those things are so hurtful. I've been getting a lot of not so nice e-mails concerning politics. I just hit "Reply" and tell them not everyone agrees with their political view and please check Snopes before sending them. I also ask that they not send anything political to me. Hey, if it hurts their feelings, too bad. That's why I'm grateful this site doesn't allow it!!

o

I have a friend that sends political email, and most of them I can debunk and send her the Snopes thought on it. Last time I returned her message, with "I love you, but hate your politics" in bold red print.

o

If the candidate can't persuade you about his own character and policies he resorts to ATTACKING his opposition.

o

it's been a rough season this year...i think though, the worst was one where ms coulter called the president of the usa, a retard??? now not only was that offensive to the president, that term is sooo hurtful to anyone with a family memeber with disibilities..

o

You're feeling sorry you mildly told this person that what they sent was extremely unkind and highly likely full of lies?? Please, use stronger (not foul,) words than that! My elderly neighbor who has just started using a computer is believing all the vile crapola that is sent to him--makes me sick and very angry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here