Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Houston / Katy folks...I have a question

Posted by houstonmom (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 16:48

I have been given the task of lining up a caterer for my office Christmas party. The event will take place in my bosses home as we've done over the past 10 years. It's always at the same persons house, and his wife has taken care of the catering in the past...she's too busy this year. The house is located in Green Trails in Katy - right by the Second Baptist Katy Campus.

Food needs to be above average (we've used Churrasco's and Palazzo's in the past).
I'll be ordering appetizers, salad, main courses, side dishes and desserts, and I would not mind ordering desserts from a different vendor. If you know of a good bakery I should consider for the desserts, please let me know.
Price is not an issue.
We will be feeding around 25 people.

I would be grateful for any suggestions you throw my way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Houston / Katy folks...I have a question

My only suggestion is to not do it by yourself--IF you have never done this. Would the wife offer some ideas? suggestions? etc Start with a notebook, write everything down, get lots of ideas, then go from there. Make sure you have names and phone numbers. Even though the wife is busy, could you coordinate the party with her and another person?
Just my thoughts

o

I would check into Peli Peli that is where we just had the Houston KT get together. If you have not been there yet GO! The food is wonderful they have won all kinds of awards.
The selection is wonderful and they do now cater events.
Peli Peli

It is above average I can promise you.

OR you could check out Perry's
http://www.perryssteakhouse.com/
I am not sure if they Cater but they definitely have events planning.

o

Thanks, ravencajun. I'll give Peli Peli a call! Wish I could've been at the KT get together, but 2 of our sons were groomsmen in a wedding that weekend.

Our office did go to Perry's for lunch about a year ago, and it was wonderful. They sure do serve up one very large pork chop!

o

That's my go to meal at Perrys that's a delicious hunk of meat! Of course everything there is good.

I wish you could have been at the lunch too. We need to have them occasionally, just plan a day for ladies lunch.

I will keep thinking about catering my husband's company does a lot of events that are catered, I will check out what ones they like.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here