Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tacos? You like them?

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 16:32

Our local bbq restaurant has Taco Day every Tuesday, with variations of tacos.

I enjoyed, today, fried catfish filet tacos topped with their delicious cole slaw, homemade tartar sauce and a wedge of lime for squeezing over the fish.

Had two and soooooo good!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tacos? You like them?

Tacos are one of my favorite things! I love them but generally stick with the normal regular kind. But I sure would give those a try on that list you posted.
I also love a big bowl of freshly made guacamole, it they offer the made at the table guac I always order it.
YUMMY

o

I like fish tacos.

o

Love them! I first had a fish taco in California in vacation. Around here (Long Island) most tacos are Mexican, with meat, cheese, salsa the main ingredients.

o

I have had fish tacos--not bad, but different that the ""real"""ones with shredded beef, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, olives, guacamole or sliced avacodos and homemade salsa sauce.

o
RE: Tacos? Yobbu like them?

I've had grilled talipia tacos, but I truly enjoy jim 'n nicks fried catfish taco.

Several bbq restaurants have followed jim 'n nicks, and have their own taco days. Most with bbq pork.

o

Don't eat tacos but then again I don't eat much. I am a very fussy eater but I love to cook for everyone

o

I will eat tacos but sure not my favorite food. Never had a fish taco, sounds strange.

Sue

o
RE: Tacos? Yonnnu like them?

Definitely not Mexican tacos.

They are really catching on at the bbq restaurants here.
I like them.

o

I LOVE tacos. I'd eat them for breakfast. Ground or shredded beef, grilled steak for the meat filling, chicken, doesn't matter to me. With the fish though, I find they are usually served in soft taco shells and I like crispy, especially with a 'softer' filling like fish. The time I enjoyed them the most, the owner/cook at a local restaurant catered a home party for a friend, and he cooked the fish in a crunchy crispy batter, then served that with pico de gallo (more texture/crunch there) in the soft taco...that one I liked.

o
RE: Tacos? You liknnne them?

Yep, the restaurant serves the tacos in a soft shell. And the catfish is crispy, yumm!

o

My favorite tacos are "puffy tacos." The shells are made with masa harina...like you'd use for tamales. When fried, they puff up. Flour tortillas will puff up some too, when fried, but these are much lighter and crisper. The Krogers here sell masa tortillas. That makes it much easier to make them because when I made them myself, I had trouble making the tortillas, although I can make flour tortillas. I don't think I'd care for fish or shrimp tacos. I like traditional ground beef that I cook with bell peppers, onions, and cumin seeds.

o

make them all the time...ever get rolled tacos?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here