Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for Dinner -- Thursday?

Posted by gadgets (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 16:20

Visited with my sister Annie, then ran errands. Got caught in the rain and look like a drowned rat.

My meal tonight will again be very simple: ground turkey burger with cheese and mushrooms on it. I'll also have a salad that I'll top with purple grapes. Going to have either tea or coffee to make me feel warmer.

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for Dinner -- Thursday?

Rib eyes on the grill, baked potatoes

o

Saying HOWDY to patti, as I saw she posted at the chips and sandwich thread!

Joel's today for comfort food: cornbread with smoked sausage and cabbage.

Our first really cool day for the season and cool sleeping tonight with windows and doors open and NO ac.

o

Rainy and cool day. We're in for real fall temperatures and rain all through next week. I'm going to miss using the clothesline with that weather.

I was given some fresh leaf lettuce from my neighbour's garden so I made BLT's. Haven't had those in a dog's age. Also had a leaf lettuce salad, with a mayo and vinegar dressing.

Getting ready to make my tea, which is going to taste extra good tonite given the damp weather.

o

I'm thinking about making hamburgers and French fries. Have been wanting a hamburger for the last 2 or 3 days.

o

I just took the 7 quarts of apple sauce out of the canner. Have been messing with apples all afternoon. It has been rather gloomy out most of the day. My supper was grilled cheese sandwich and warm applesauce. Iced tea to drink.

Sue, tired in Indiana

o

Simple is best for me! We're going to grill some salmon, I'll make a cole slaw with dill, and grill some crunchy bread. I'll mix up an herb butter as soon as the butter softens.

Tomorrow, though, I'm seriously thinking about turkey burgers! :-)

o

Angelaid: I'd really like to be at your house/table tonight.

Glenda: That would be a good combo. It's to get in low 40s here in OH tonight. So I won't need ac either.

Jasdip: Fresh leaf lettuce would be the crowning touch on a BLT.

Walnutcreek: That's the name of a town in Amish country that I like to go to. Do you make your own fries from scratch?

Sue: I'll bet you are tired from canning. What a good side dish for your grilled cheese sandwich!

Rhizo: What kind of bread do you grill? The entire meal sounds like a winner.

Shirley

o

It was a really long day for me. Left home at 7:30 and didn't get back until 6:00. (Playaway golf group and the course was an hour and 1/2 away.) Had a great lunch at a great restaurant.....It's not all about golf. LOL I had a delicious Caesar salad topped with the best fried oysters and there were plenty of them!

DH can polish off the rest of yesterday's take out. I'm not
hungry.

Howdy from me to Patti, too. Miss you gal!!!!!

o

I loaded up the slow cooker with anazazi beans and ham hocks and I have the rice cooking to go with it. Some broccoli and cauliflower steamed on the side. I know how much my husband and his brothers love beans and ham hocks and so do I so it seemed a good choice for me to cook for them.

We just got back from the hospital visiting mother in law, she was very happy to see us and looked pretty good for the situation she is in.

o

Sautéed scallops and shrimp tempura! Hi Patti.

o

Georgysmom: That was a very long day. You can have the salad part, I'll just take the oysters. lol

Ravencajun: I've never tried anazazi beans. I'd probably like them as I like most beans. The entire meal would be something I'd like. Glad your mother in law is doing so well. She must have a very strong spirit.

Pam: I like both shrimp and scallops. I should fix them more often.

Shirley

o

we stopped at arby's for French dip, after dgd's cross country race. we were cold and wanted something fast!

o

Fast here too--chili hit the spot on this cool, gloomy day with left over gelatin salad.

o

Breakfast as per usual..

Tonight is oven roasted potatoes seasoned with onion and garlic powder..

Sausage, cheese and leek omelets...

And a bit of bacon from the other day.

Toast..or english muffins..

o

It's still hot here. I microwaved a package of Trader Joe's fresh honey-roasted pumpkin ravioli and served it with a small green salad. No pots or pans to wash or stove to heat up the house.

o

Some of Trader Joe's frozen meals are great, escpecially the pastas. Recently tried the frozen ravioli with sauce that cooks up in a sauté pan. Really tasty!

DH had his final cataract surgery today and he was craving chinese food, so I stopped at Panda Express for him and I had leftover meatballs from last night. I took Glenda's advice and made a sandwich with Texas toast garlic bread. It was soooo good! Thanks Glenda!

o

Yea Matti!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here