Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for Dinner -- Friday?

Posted by gadgets (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 16:15

The sun was shining up till a little while ago. It just lifts my spirits when it does. By this time next week for my part of OH, they're saying chances of daily rain and highs only in the 40s. Even briefly mentioned the 's' word.

I have a roast beef in the oven, surrounded by potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and carrots.

So what's on your menu for TGIF?

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for Dinner -- Friday?

I ate CHIPS with a grilled cheese on rye, and a cup of chili!

Just right for this ole lady!

o

It has been a very rainy chilly day here in Oklahoma where we are. I put a pork loin roast in the slow cooker along with some red potatoes for dinner for the family, will cook rice for the gravy and cook some corn on the cob.
Hubby is at the hospital today with his mother.

o

I have run around part of the day, baby sat some and then went out to the garden to pick probably the last of the tomatoes. Needed a quick supper for me so broiled hot dogs, pork and beans and apple pie.

Sue

o

I napped this afternoon, as it was cold and dreary. Tonight I will have left-over Cajun shrimp and rice. It was so very good last night, and should be better tonight.

o

Beautiful day here today. I was suppose to play golf but my conscience was getting to me. There's so much to be done around here so I stayed home and started working on the attic. I'm trying to be relentless about purging. Getting rid of all the Nancy Drew books I was saving for the Grands that I don't have, etc. etc. etc.

Don't know what's for dinner. We're going to a neighbor's for an October fest. Sounds good to me.

o

Glenda: That would be just right for this ole lady too if you make it whole wheat bread.

Ravencajun: I wouldn't mind sharing in your meal tonight too. Pork loin is a favorite of mine.

Sue: I'll take my pie and heat it up a little, then pour on cold milk. Are you tired out from babysitting? If you are, it's a good kind of tired.

Phyllis: Aren't you glad to cook once, then eat another time or two from it? I've not tried the Cajun style, but I know I like regular shrimp, if it's not breaded.

Georgysmom: What's funny about a lot of us humans is we hang onto things for so long. Then all of a sudden, we can let them go. You'll have to let us know what the neighbors served.

Shirley

o

Homecoming tonight..guys will be headed to the game...
I will heat pork chops and rice leftovers for hubby..and made taco meat for the boys and I, grated cheddar..flour tortillas..happy everyone.

o

Well, since we're going to my HS Reunion tomorrow night, in Jersey....we did the Usual Saturday night at Panera's tonight.

o

It's been a long week & we're both tired. I just cooked a frozen pizza tonight.

o

Oooh, a high school reunion! I love hearing about those. We want details!

Everyone's dinner sounds so good tonight. I made some turkey burgers, topped with red onion, romaine, tomato, and a slice of Swiss.

Baked a batch of crispy sweet potato 'fries', which we like. I made a batch of buttermilk ranch dressing (homemade) earlier and we had lots of crunchy carrots, cuke, and zucchini before supper. I could drink that dressing.

o

A cool but beautiful day here in North Alabama. We picked up fried catfish, hush puppies, cole slaw and baked potato at our local fish place. It was extra good tonight but couldn't eat it all.

o

Terri: I'm glad you've got plans to feed everyone tonight. I'll take some from each 'meal', please.

Monica: I've never gone to a Panera's. Eat hearty. I live in the boonies where the restaurant choices are very limited. Enjoy your reunion.

Kittiemom: Nothing wrong with a frozen pizza. I do it a couple of times a month.

Rhizo: So you finally had your turkey burgers. I like the toppings too but would swap out the Swiss cheese. Mind telling me how you make your sweet potato fries?

Betsy: Isn't it nice to have a good local restaurant where you can get carryout? Never have tried catfish but I've heard it's good.

Shirley

o

I had a take out DQ Beef Taco salad, Had a taste for one hit the spot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here