Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you enjoy potato chip cookies, which I do, here's another

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 16:08

Mr Food had this on his site today, for Today's Recipe.

I'm gonna try for the holidays.

Potato chip fudge

1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups coarsely crumbled potato chips

What To Do:
1.In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Be careful not to burn. When chocolate is melted, reduce heat to low and add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; stir until well blended.
2.Remove from heat and immediately add crumbled potato chips. Stir gently to blend and pour into an 8-inch square baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Cover and cool in the refrigerator until set.

I've made Velveeta Fudge numerous times, which is different from the usual fudge, so I think this one might be good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you enjoy potato chip cookies, which I do, here's another

can sweetened condensed milk
sounds good except for this
I can eat them if I dont know it's in there but hate the smell of it and taste by itself!!lol

o
RE: If you enjoy pgggotato chip cookies, which I do, here's anoth

I used to make my own sweetened condensed milk.

o

I have made that fudge before but without the potato chips....sounds like it would be tasty.
Thanks for posting the recipe.
I love the salt, fat and chocolateness of it.

o

Made the potato chip ones with this summer for a buffet, and put them in the smaller foil gold and silver candy "cups". The first batch I made I just put in the regular cupcake liners and they were too big as they are very rich. Took a few minutes longer but was much easier than cutting the squares and getting them out of the pan neatly.

o

Tip I learned: if you cut brownies/fudge with a plastic knife when thoroughly chilled, they are perfectly cut.

o

Let us know how they are.

o

Glenda-do u think u would be able to share your recipes for Velveeta Fudge and your homemade condensed milk-please?

o
RE: If you enjoyggg potato chip cookies, which I do, here's anoth

Here you go, Rhonda!

Sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup boiling water
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup powdered milk (recommended: Carnation)

Directions

Using an electric mixer, blend together water, butter, sugar, and vanilla.

Add powdered milk and blend until thick. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.

Velveeta Fudge
1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese
2 sticks butter
1/2 c. cocoa
2 lbs powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. chopped nuts optional

Melt Velveeta cheese & butter over low heat or microwave.

Add: cocoa, powder sugar, & vanilla. Then add the chopped nuts.
It will be thick, so you need to press lightly the mixture throughout the pan.
**I use the square pyrex dish that has been greased. If you want thinner pieces put into a greased 9x13. Refrigerate to set

When thoroughly chilled cut with a plastic knife (my input)

o
RE: 2If you enjoy potato chip cookies, which I do, here's another

Thank you-soooo much!! :)

o
RE: If you enjoy pommtato chip cookies, which I do, here's anothe

Rhonda, enjoy!

o

Glender, I used to make my own sweetened, condensed milk, too - I like it, but it is just easier to buy it now.

o

What type of chips do you use,- plain, salt and vinegar or are any all right?

Also, how would they be with butterscotch chips rather than chocolate, or is chocolate much better?

o
RE: If you enjoy pot bbbbato chip cookies, which I do, here's an

Just regular potato chips. Don't think the salt and vinegar or others would be good. Nah!

ivamae, I bet the butterscotch chips would do just as well. Even the peanut butter chips or the mint.

Let me know if you try.

o

I made these this morning and used the butterscotch chips. They are really, really good.

I also used a plastic knife for cutting and had no problem. I put parchment paper in the bottom of the pan.

Thanks so much for the original recipe.

o

Glenda, I have made the Velveeta fudge before and it was delicious. The price of Velveeta now is ridiculous so I would be obligated to eat all of it, don't know if my waistline could handle that. :)

o

So do the pot bbbbato chips actually add anything to it other than saltiness? Salted nuts would add a crunch and nuttiness. Shoestring pot bbbbatos would do similar if you're allergic to nuts. Not sure what the chips themselves add.

o

Lizzann, glad you enjoyed the Velveet fudge. It is delicious.

My family doesn't question what I make cause they enjoy my cooking.

Here's one, that I haven't tried:

Chocolate Chip potato chip cookies

1 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cups crushed potato chips (I used Lays Classic Potato Chips)
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Combine the flour and baking soda and slowly add to the creamed sugar mixture. Mix well. Stir in the crushed potato chips and chocolate chips.

Drop by small spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. If you are making large cookies you may want to keep them in the oven for about 14 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

o

Of the ones I made, we like them but am not sure about the potato chips. How would they be if just using the chocolate or butterscotch chips and the condensed milk? I expect they might be good too. I don't have either here though, to try them right now.

o

Not sure if I would like the texture of crumbled chips in fudge? The saltiness would be good, but I like creamy fudge.

My neighbor used to make chocolate chip cookies with some
Rice Krispies cereal added. Gave them a nice little crunch.

o

Glenda, you are so smart! I love your recipes and helpful hints. I never knew you could make your own sweetened condensed milk! I am saving that one for sure...I am making several of your recipes this Christmas. Fudge pie, pineapple casserole, and cabbage casserole. See? You will be at our Christmas dinner this year...In a dish...:)

o

Thanks thistledew! Appeciate your kind comments.

Know what, I don't like the texture of rice krispies in anything but cereal. Snap crackle and pop!

Mother used to put them in her cheese straws!

o

Hey, did I miss something? Namely the cabbage casserole Thistledew mentioned. I hate to ask, but could you please post again?

o

Seems like a waste of a perfectly good potato chip if you ask me. Nothing beats eating them as is, out of a small bowl, for portion control. Mind you the control goes out the window when we refill the bowls!

o
RE: If you ennnnjoy potato chip cookies, which I do, here's anoth

Don't knock it until you try it, jasdip :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here