SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

Emily Owens MD series premier

This new show had been mentioned here a while back.

Tonight is the season premier at 8 central. It is on the CW network.

Emily is played by Meryl Streeps daughter Mamie Gummer.

It has mixed reviews.

I do love Hart of Dixie on the CW.

Comments (11)

• gadgets
    11 years ago

Thanks. I think I'll tape it to watch later. Always looking for something that 'might' end up being good.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    11 years ago

I am taping it too. I remember her as a doctor in the series last year about doctors in the jungle.

I much prefer taping shows so that I can skip the commercials and also so that I can watch them at my convenience.

• marry
    11 years ago

Off The Map! I really liked that too!

• donna_loomis
    11 years ago

We watched it last night and enjoyed it. However, it's similarity to Grey's Anatomy did not escape us. It's not just that it's a medical show, but in the last minute or so, we hear what Emily is thinking, just like Meredith Grey in Grey's Anatomy. I would have thought they would not have made the format so similar.

• Jasdip
    11 years ago

I haven't heard of that one, but Raven, I started watching Hart of Dixie recently. I'm catching up on least season, online.

I very much enjoy it!!!!

• marry
    11 years ago

I really liked Emily Owens, but thought that it
    was more like Austalia's Offspring than Greys Anatomy.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    11 years ago

WE enjoyed it also, will be giving it a few more tries and hope it continues to be good.

Oh we have been watching Hart of Dixie since the first show and really like it a lot.

It is very evident who Emily's mother is she looks so much like Meryl.

• teresava
    11 years ago

The previews looked lukewarm to me? Like when she is screaming at a girl in the schoolyard? But I'll probably DVR it and watch it when I have some time. I also love to record and then get to fast forward through the commercials. I figure I can save 10-15 minutes per hour show.

• donna_loomis
    11 years ago

I had no idea Meryl was Mamie's mother until Raven posted this thread. And then the next time I looked at Mamie I thought, duh, of course Meryl is her mother. How did I miss the resemblance?

• gadgets
    11 years ago

I just finished watching it. I'll give it a few more wks to make my final decision as to whether I'll continue. I've not watched ANY of the other doctors shows over the years, so it's all 'fresh' to me. I was able to keep up with who the characters were, so that's a vote in their behalf.

Shirley

• sheilajoyce_gw
    11 years ago

I thought it was worth watching again. Lots of interesting characters, and the nice doctor at the end of the show when he visited his mother was a good ending.

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath