Like Bagpipes??

Posted by minnie_tx (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 15:35

Mom would have loved this Her grandfather came over to the USA from Scotland

Here is a link that might be useful: Andre Rieu Amazing Grace - YouTube

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Like Bagpipes??

I enjoyed the Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle, Scotland, 3 years ago. They played Amazing Grace and everyone was teary eyed.

o

We missed the Tattoo, but love bagpipes, anyway. This was taken 2003 when we were there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Yes, in the right setting... We got to see several while on vacation in Nova Scotia... lovely... and Il Divo has a bagpiper in theri video done of Amazing Grace at the Coliseam... wow.. that will give you God bumps for sure... I gained permission from Il Divo to use that video at Bob's memorial service... Bob was a retired fire fighter, and it was exactly right for the occasion...... There was not a dry eye in the church... just beautiful... He would have loved it...

o

Great video- I love bagpipes!

o

Il Divo has a bagpiper in theri video done of Amazing Grace at the Coliseam...
I love Il Divo but missed that

Glenda that must have been thrilling

o

That was just beautiful. The music and the visual. Thank you!

o

I love bagpipes, and have requested that they accompany whatever funeral is given when I pass.

One of my favorite Paul McCartney songs, Mull of Kintyre, features them -- I'll put a link below, and the pipes start about 1 min, 30 sec into the song:

Here is a link that might be useful: McCartney & Wings, Mull of Kintyre

o

love bagpipes...especially playing Amazing Grace...

o

Other selections at thst site were enjoyable, too.
Thanks for the link.

o

One would think that Amazing Grace is the only song that is ever played on bagpipes. Sometimes I think if I hear it again I'll scream. Nothing against bagpipes or Amazing Grace- just the combination of the two ad infinitum.

o

I love bagpipes, but I alway get teary eyed hearing them, as I usually assoicate them with funerals etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here