Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color of your front door?

Posted by swimmer22 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 15:33

Another thought provoking question... I read an article talking about how the color of the front door to your home says something about you. So, what is the color of your front door? I'll go first.

Slate Blue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color of your front door?

Reddish rust....

o

Deep red.

o

salmon

o

Taupe

o

Red, although it has been black, eggplant and rust. I'll get it right one day.

o

Mahogany with leaded glass, star in the middle. Leaded glass side lights.

o

The color of my front door says nothing about me except to say that I'm adhering to the CC&Rs of our home's village association by painting it to match the trim on our house.

Jodi-

o

It hasn't changed since we answered this question some months back. It is still wood stained, with lead glass look and a full panel glass storm door.

Sue

o

winy red and dark forest green

o

Mahogany archtop in an arched surround.

o

Red also.

o

craftsman style door, stained medium oak. Hope it says welcome ;)

Abbey

o

I sure am lovin' your colors, you guys. We have to follow the HOA rules--white doors. Ick! I'd love to have Jae's salmon door--my trim is salmon.

o

Black with black wrought iron security gate.

o

white

o

Well, does anyone know, what the color of the front door means about you?

Mine is grey, like around the windows, and other trim.

I did a search, and couldn't find a previous post about this.

Moni

Here is a link that might be useful: top answer on google about the color of your front door

o

House is brick, trim is white. Front door is a nice green--sort of in the avocado line--it looks good with the outside colors and goes well with the living room when it's open (living room is a light avocado, and the fireplace bricks are a sort of pinkish red)

o

White as snow. It tells a lot about me.. mainly that my soffit, fascia and window trim is white? Just playin', the whole idea sounds like a Yahoo speed by article. ;)

o

I painted mine Dutch Blue and painted the shutters to match. When I bought my house the shutters were rust red and the door was white.

o

Mine is a glossy black right now; it has been gray and also green over the years I've had this house.

o

It's white right now, but it isn't going to stay that color. I don't know what color...haven't decided what color to paint the house.

o

White. In the 22 years that I have been here since the house was built, I haven't decided on what color or gotten around to painting it yet. Hopefully it will someday get on my 'to-do' list.

o

Spice Berry

o

Gteen. My house is white with green trim and shutters. Funny story-we ordered our new front door from Sears, put it on the charge card. They said the charge would go thru after installation, scheduled about 2 weeks later. Door got installed,but we never got a bill from Sears. Hooray, maybe they forgot and we got a free door! Kept quiet for 2 years, then one day a Sears bill arrived-yeah, we didn't "get away with it".

o

Mulberry

o

Dark purple

o

Barn red.

o

plain white...we tried red and it was aweful, sigh..and i LOVE red...

o

house is a soft grey, trim and front door is a shade of teal or almost turquoise. front door is flanked by panels of etched glass

o

My front door is brown. It matches the motif of the rest of the house. The basic house color is brown and white to off white. The lower story brick facing is brown with off-white mortor and the chimney as well. Wood trim is white. and the roof a lighter shade of brown.

o

White, the way it came.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here