Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is everyone doing this weekend?

Posted by satine (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 15:24

Im having a busy weekend and week ahead. Im going tomorrow to see my daughter for the day then continue about another half hour or so to see my sister. I'll visit with sis and brother in law then head back home Wed with my sister in tow. Going to have a house guest for a couple of days then I'll take her back to her home and after an overnight there I'll head home probably stopping to see my daughter again. Im tired just thinking about it but it should be fun. What are you up to?? Satine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is everyone doing this weekend?

I am taking Frog on a surprise road trip to Randalls Farm Market on rt 20 in Wilbraham, Mass.

Their farm market is on a huge farm and they have a hayride out to the pumpkin patch where ppl get to select their own pumpkin,,,,Then when we come back from the hayride we can go in the restaraunt in the farm market and have a big glass of fresh apple cider...

I haven't told Frog yet,,,I gonna make it a surprise for him.

o

Most likely tomorrow I will bake some pies and some other things to take to church for our monthly dinner on Sunday. Tomorrow I will also work some more on my shell out beans that I worked on most of today. Other than just house work, I won't have time for much else or the energy :)

Sue

o

Gosh, I don't have a clue. I've been abandoned by the dearest until sometime tomorrow and she didn't leave any instructions. :) It's probably going to be one of those laid back weekends.

If you check back in I kinda' want to hear more about your "shell out beans" Marilyn.

o

Well, it's Thanksgiving here in Canada so I will be making a Turkey dinner with all the trimmings on Monday. I love Turkey and so I can't wait. I'll be cooking for my husband, 2 sons and their girlfriends (they're going to the girlfriends parents on Sunday) and the 2 grandma's. Shopping is done, table is set, and tomorrow and Sunday I'll cook ahead whatever I can. Weather forecast is for clear and sunny skies.

o

I just don't know. I may end up driving north, to see a friend. Cycling is out. Everyone is either not riding because of the cold, or went to the campout/ride near Tulsa despite the cold.

I could do yard work, but after doing that Wednesday in short shorts and sleeveless top, and yesterday in long overalls, long sleeve top and fleece vest... I just came in to warm up my hands.

Today is long overalls, socks, boots, long sleeve top, wool turtleneck, and flannel shirt, plus a warm hat...

can you tell the weather changed???

I am at a loss on what to do.

Moni

o

Working. Worked 8 hours overtime today at our other hospital doing patient care. Nice, easy day. Tomorrow and Sunday, back to my normal job.

o

We are going to a big family party to celebrate my husband's brother in law. It is their annual Oktoberfest celebration with a birthday party and retirement party all in one.
I am taking a roaster full of sauerkraut and a apple cider pound cake. Everyone brings something....great party and so good to see the great grand nieces.

o

On A Holiday, what did you want to know about the shell out beans? They are green beans that some are too old and are beginning to get dry and you shell or hull out the bean part and put them with the good green beans, wash them and can them. They are sold in cans in the stores as "shellie" beans.

Sue

o

Same ole, same ole: Quiet!

o

We are going on a house tour of native gardens sponsored by the Florida Native Plant Society. Hoping to see lots of butterfly plants!
ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ღ

o

Nothing planned, may go to a friend's house on Sunday to celebrate Thanksgiving with her since her brother and family are going out of town and she will be alone. I am going to make butter tarts to bring to my older brother's house for Thanksgiving dinner on Monday.

Other that that I have house work I need to catch up on like vacuuming - blah LOL

Have a great weekend!

Anne

o

It depends on the weather. Going out of town to watch DGD play softball if weather permits. If not, am gonna go to a friend's house and try on clothes before she has a garage sale. She buys really nice clothes and I'm glad to get first dibs on them! LOL

o

Tomorrow is Finn's birthday party.
Sunday after church I am going to a baby shower for a cousin.

o

Helping out with my newest granddaughter. She was born the 2nd, and she is such a cutie!

o

Today watching the OU Sooners football game, hoping they win today.

Later maybe dinner out, tomorrow grocery shopping for sure the fridge is empty.

o

Not much, as it turns out. We were going to an outdoor car show, but with cold rain and temps in the 50's - no way can I sit outside for 4-5 hours.

So - right now, nothing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here