Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Little Dog (Warning: About a little dog I once had)

Posted by OnAHolliday (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 15:02

I was asked in another thread about her. Considering the nature of the thread I didn't feel comfortable swooning over my lil' girl. People have souls, I'm not certain that dogs do. If not, they sure do own a little bit of ours. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Feel free to bail now! :)

My Mitchells, my Millie the Moo!

o
Feeding my Millie. :)

Look at her pretty little feets!!!!

o
The Millie and me.

Can you tell how embarrassed and aggravated my Millie was? (I think it's the ripped up tablecloth do-ragish turbin I have going. (smile) She allowed me to hang out with her but it was little more than a tolerance at times.

o
The Mitchells on her float!

Okay, okay... I'm overdoing it... :( After two years (three?) I'm still luvin her though! THE BEST GIRL EVER!

o
RE: My Little Dog (Warning: About a little dog I once had)

Ok, I am slow on the uptake and don't read EVERY post on here, but after reading some of yours I was wondering if the Frog was loose again.... seems he is! hhahahhahah Welcome back!

I used to chat with you when we all went to some chat room somewhere.... nobody chats live like that anymore, or I can't find decent ones.

She still is a pretty girl!

o

What a cute girl. I understand those are very bright little dogs.

My neighbor (widowed, 80s) picked one up at the shelter a few months ago, adopted her, and was told she was a chihuahua/doxie mix about 4 years old. She took her to her own vet and he said purebred mini pincer, overweight. The dog was micro chipped too it was discovered, but contact with the previous owner revealed the pup had been turned in voluntarily, owner facing a long term illness and couldn't care for her.

They walk by my house promptly at 9 every morning, seem to have made a good match. & Both are getting regular exercise :)

o

OAH, you haven't aged a single bit over the years! Or is that an old pic of you, tee hee!

I feel the love between the two of you!

o

I don't believe in the concept of souls, but if there is such a thing, animals surely have the purest souls of all.

o

Glender, you nut! That's a pic from back in the day! I'm an old man now!!! morz, I never thought I would be a fan of a little dog, let alone become a faithful servant to one! *sigh* My dogs were always large until Millie came along. Retriever, Great Dane and a Saint Bernard. Always had big 'dawgs' until my Millie came along. I beg pardons for my sentimentalism. Can't help it in this case.

Petra, I hope you come to know your soul.

o

There's our Millie! I never "knew" her personally but feel like I did. I miss her too.....
Do you remember my Emmie (chihuahua)that had 6 MinPin/Chi puppies? She's gone now too. Had cancer. But we still have the dad Mic and 2 of the pups.

o

So are you gray headed now :o)

Or still yellar?

I'm a snowball, now!

o

Ah.

Now I know who you are.

Wow.

o

I remember you C.R.! HUGGS!!!!

I'm still yeller Glender. Hard to give it up. :)

o

It is soooo good to have you back. I was thinking of you the other day, when looking at your salsa recipe. Hope life has been treating you well! I also miss our chats!!

I love the dog pictures--what a darling little dog!

o

Petra, I hope you come to know your soul.

No idea what that is supposed to mean. But I do have to say, I find it mind-boggling that anyone who believes in souls would doubt that animals have them.

o

I think I can count on one hand the number of forums I've participated in and all have had some wonderfully raucous moments. Not sure about too many actual "chat rooms" but I'm sure that at least one of them had one.

Hi Wanda! I'm glad you're still enjoying the easiest salsa in the world, me too! Now that the kids are out of the house I can toss in a big handful of cilantro. If I recall, the recipe was the beginning of an enchilada recipe but when I tasted the first few ingredients it was a carbon copy of most of the salsas I get at Mexican style restaurants. That doesn't make it authentic but it sure makes it what Jenny likes. :)

For the record, Millie was killed by a coyote. They have slowly come to inhabit the Atlanta area. At first it was an occasional sighting but now I frequently see them in the front fields. As much as it hurts I don't have a vendetta on coyotes.

o

Awww...sweet little Millie. Hurts my heart to hear how she died, Tad, how hard that must've been.

I do believe animals have souls...I feel I can see it in their amazing eyes.

Good to see you again...thanks for the memories. :)

o

Thanks gran, and thanks for tolerating me in the day.
God knows I could lay it on pretty thick! *grin*

o

I can vouch for OAH's salsa!

o

I lost the salsa recipe I had. Care to share again?

o

Oh Millie. After having Rottweilers for 30 years I thought it best to scale down next time. The MinPin was my choice. Still black & tan but small enough I can pick up and take to the vet.

Having a dog small enough to be prey has been a concern. I'm so sorry about Millie.

o

Hi CB! Sure.. this is the latest version I do, it's so very flexible.

28 oz whole tomatoes
4 oz pickled jalapenos
2 cloves garlic
handful of cilantro
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp oregano
salt to taste

Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to the texture you desire. I puree the stuff very thin as that seems to be what I find served around here. Again, the recipe is very elastic so if it' a little too spicy cut back on the jalapenos and vice versa. I will throw in a bell pepper or a few banana peppers if I get the urge etc.... Make it what you like. :)

o

Poor Millie the Moo!!!

I seem to remember seeing her on the Laundry Cam...

Dances.

o

Hi kim, I kind of cross posted with you. I'm sure your min is in very good hands and the Black and Tan version is great. Thanks for your compassion, it honestly was/is a tough loss. If you get a chance to post a picture I would love to see. :)

o

OH geez.. I keep cross posting.. HI DANCES! I love these old familiar names!!!! It was certainly a gruesome way for her to go. I console myself in the thought that it was fast and we had 12 very wonderful years together.

I talk/type too much.

o

Thanks for the salsa recipe!

o

You're very welcome girl. :)
I admit that I can still see you in you're funky flapping (two frame video?).

I hope I'm not out of line saying this but I sure would like to hear that you and you're Bo are still together. It just seemed like you guys clicked so well. :)

o

I don't have a minpin yet. I have a Rottweiler mix and a 40 lb. black and tan mix. Probably my next dog.

o

:) You're right kim, might want to wait, the rott's could choke on the min!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here