SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onaholliday_gw

As promised: DirectTV - the cancellation story

OnAHolliday
11 years ago

I'm cancelled, well, kind of cancelled.

The process wasn't too terribly cumbersome and I wasn't on hold anywhere near as long as I thought I would be. I have to say though, they sure don't want you to go so there's the carrots and such offered that I expected..

The representative was tenacious enough to get me to agree to a six month "suspension" of service instead of an outright cancellation. Don't worry about the equipment, keep it. To expedite the phone call and move on I agreed. I'm sure they are banking that I will start jonesing for one sort of programming or another and I think it's a very intelligent last ditch effort by DirectTV to keep their equipment in the consumers home.

I still have satellite until mid month but after that it's all internet and digital antenna. My own set up is a router on the main computer that feeds the other computers and a blu-ray player that feeds the plasma with the internet (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube etc..)

I will be honest about it. If a week or two from now I just have to have satellite I'll fess up. I honestly can't see that happening though. The internet choices (for my viewing habits) have simply become too varied and cheap to justify my dish.

Anyway, I'm feeling a little smug about my sound financial decision.... *grin*

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida