Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for person knowledgeable in Genealogy

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 29, 12 at 14:36

In doing research, this has popped up several times and wonder if it is worth the 39.95 annual charge---RecordsBase.com. I already have Ancestry.com, but at time is confusing.
Thanks
Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for person knowledgeable in Genealogy

Gives you access to public records. Great for background checks on prospective employees, or for in-depth proof of info on Family trees.
Unless you want or need copies of those docs to verify info you got from Ancestry, I wouldn't do it.

o

Here is a link for the reviews which aren't very good. 7 day free trial but no way of cancelling and no phone number. I also has Ancestry.com subscription and will stick to that. I trust Ancestry and with the other free sites, as in FamilySearch.com I feel I have everything I need.

Here is a link that might be useful: Recordsbase.com reviews

o

have you tried the onlime site maintained by the mormon church? (free or used to be)...

i was sooo lucky...uncle had done mother's side...then while i still had ancestry, was answereing a question in the letter section and found a person who did my dad's side, already...went to his postings and copied everything...

o

Thanks and went the reviews and yes this site seems to be very dangerous. That is what is so great here at Kt
Marie

o

Investigate "EverNotes" as a way of keeping records in the 'cloud'. The main advantage is that data in your account in the cloud is accessible to you as you travel. All you need is a good internet conection.

It does not replace the GED file in Ancestory.com that is stored on your computer, although you can upload a family tree to EveryNotes if you wish.

By the way, Ancestory.com was sold last week. It may, or may not change. Its business model and subscription charges could change, and then again, maybe not. I do expect to see some change.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here