Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update on cat bite

Posted by phyllis__mn (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 14:33

Thank you for all of the good wishes on my cat bite. Well, I ended up in the hospital for four days as the red streaks were getting worse. There, of course, I got on a different antibiotic IV and had watchful nurses to look over me! It was so great to see the streaks diminish the second day. I'm home now and only have to take oral antibiotics for a week, but was sent home with the warning to call immediately if anything isn't right. But all seems well now. Again, thank you all for your concern.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update on cat bite

Glad that you are home and recovering.Take care.

o

I'm glad that you seem to finally be on the mend. What an ordeal!! I had to go that route last Dec after my manicuring scissors slipped and went into my index finger knuckle. It's no fun, but was so glad the treatment was available.

I hope you continue to do better each day.

Shirley

o

Great news Phyllis! I've had a couple friends who had arm and hand swelling from cat bites, but no red streaks. Glad you took it seriously and got to the doctor!

o

Thanks for the update. That was worse than normal. Wishing you a purrfectly speedy recovery!

o

Good news . Glad to hear it . I forget the story though. Was it YOUR cat or a strange one who bit you? Cat bites are very serious business as you well know.

o

Lily, I had tried to break up a guest cat attacking mine. She actually is a nice cat with people, but hates other cats. She is now back living with grandson and wife and enjoying herself, I know.

o

Oh, no! Phyllis, I'm so glad that you are back and better!
thank you for updating us

o

I'm glad you're doing better, Phyllis!

o

Wow--I can see that I lucked out big time with my cat injuries. So glad you got the right treatment!

o

Glad you're home and feeling better. Heal fast!

o

Wow Phyllis, what an ordeal that turned out to be!! So good to hear you're home and finally on the mend..scarey stuff!!

o

I had a cat bite once it was my DD's cat~~~at urgent care they said cat bites are the worst of the animal bites to get? If we had not known the cat and knew he had all his shots I would have had to have a different type of treatment. They also had to fill out paper work to send in to Animal Control, did you have to do that?

Yours sounds so horrible so glad you are on the mend;)

o

Really glad to hear you are better!

o

I've had 15 cats over many years and have never been bitten by any of them, not even scratched badly. When there's a rare fight I get my water bottle and they break it up. I wonder why their bites are so serious. I'm glad it all went well with you , Phyliss

o

Glad you are recovering well. The one time I had a cat bite I was trying to hold the cat still and she bit the top of my
hand. It started swelling and I went into the Dr in a couple of hours because it was getting worse. He looked up cat
bacteria to make sure to give me the right medication. It worked out fine but I was surprised at how fast the swelling happened.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here