Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teacher driving with 19 kids in her car. What was she thinking?

Posted by maire_cate (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 14:17

This was on GMA a few days ago and I only caught part of the clip. This is unbelieveable - and maybe some day we'll find out it's a hoax, I can only hope that it is. But as they say - Truth is stranger than fiction.

But here's the story - a nursery school teacher in South Africa was stopped by the police because she had crammed 19 students into her tiny hatchback. She was taking them on a field trip to a local burger joint. She had 3 in the front seat, 10 in the middle and another 6 in the hatch.

Her comment - "They were excited at first but after a while they started to get more worried and cried."

There's even a photo of the kids crowded into the car.

Here is a link that might be useful: Melanie Minnie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teacher driving with 19 kids in her car. What was she thinki

Sure glad my little ones were not in her class. I would not be surprised that the parents demand they replace her.

o

Almost all of us who live in this part of the world have no idea how fortunate we are, i.e., have been - as we'll have a hard time keeping our current good fortune in future.

ole joyful

o

Good heavens. What on earth was she thinking????

o

Joyful, she was not in an impoverished part of the country, I have very good friends in this area, she was partaking in a very foolish act. Has about as much sense as teachers in this country.

o

Boy, that's a lotta seat belts!

o

Unbelievable! Where I live, any school trip requires lots of chaperones-I think one adult for every four or five children.

o

Absolutely idiotic! Sheer stupidity. Look at the picture!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here