SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Prep Alternatives (Possibly TMI)

chisue
11 years ago

Wildchild says there are pills you can take for colonoscopy preps. I'll have to ask about Visicol and Osmos.

I had Tri-lite, which was not *quite* as nasty-tasting as other drinks I've had in the past, but I had to drink eight 8-oz glasses last night between 3 - 5 p.m. and another four glasses at 5 this morning. I was up and down all night. Part of my problem was sneezing and my sinuses swelling up.

Now I will have to do it again -- probably twice. The MD found a 'carpet polyp' under one of the usual 'mushroom-like' polyps he removed. He wants me to see someone at the University of Chicago Hospital who is expert in removing the 'carpet' variety. I think I'd have to buy some diapers to get all the way down there after a prep! That's the better outcome; otherwise it's surgical removal.

"But wait,", as they say in those annoying commercials, "There's more!" I have to have a CT scan to see what's happening with my appendix; wall of the colon is bulging in that vicinity. ERG!

I hope I can get this wrapped up before we leave for Maui Jan. 4.

Lesson: Get your routine colonoscopies done, folks. Don't wait until you have a symptomp -- and an unpleasant outcome.

Thank for being 'an ear'. Anyone had similar problems?

Comments (14)