SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Elevator etiquette

rob333 (zone 7b)
9 years ago

If someone gets on the elevator along with you and their hands are empty, you're not blocking the buttons, and yet, they ask you to push their floor button, do you? I have before. Yesterday, I ignored them, and the only other occupant pressed it. I thought, steely glaze and say no! Keep on ignoring? Press it anyhow? Ask them why they are incapable of doing it? Pressing the floor just beneath where they asked just to irritate them, by causing an extra stop? Heh. Mostly, I am kidding. I just don't see any reason someone should ask anyone to push a button on an empty (or almost) elevator. I'm could change my mind about it. Such as, try to ask them may I press a button for them, and turn it around to being nice. But what if you have to do it every time you ride an elevator (multiple times a day), like I do? Would you weary of being treated like an elevator attendant? Ok, so it's not all the time, but it's too frequent for my comfort. I spend a lot of time on elevators at work. I park my car in a multi-story building. I work in a multi-story building.

My other current irritant is someone who feels that they must get on the elevator before everyone else gets off. I don't care if someone pushes a button I've already pressed. Those seem to bother others.

Comments (36)