SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
two25acres

Someone else is doing Thanksgiving this year.

two25acres
11 years ago

I'm so relieved, I don't have to do it this year. I have a large family, 5 brothers, their wives and families. I do the majority of the cooking, most of them bring sides and necessities. This year I reached out to see if any of them could do it and yes, someone else is going to do it. I'm generally off Tday, the friday after and the weekend. Since they have in laws and other obligations I have always done it the Friday after Tday. I would spend Tday preparing as much of the food as possible. Cooking the turkeys, making the dressings, deserts,chowders and corn puddings all while attempting to get the tree up for Christmas. On Friday it was more food prep and setting up tables. When the family is that large, you can't have a regular sit down meal. It is usually buffet style.

By Saturday I'm exhausted and of course I don't get to really enjoy any of my time off. I don't know what I'll do with 3 days off. Of course we're moving mom in at the end of October so I'm sure she will find something for me to do.

How about you, are you hosting or attending somewhere else.

Comments (17)