Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A chance to dance

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 12 at 13:35

I love to dance, but don't have many opportunities. I get to hear a lot of live music, but most of it is not danceable. Last night I got my chance to dance. A friend organized a bunch of us to go hear a rockabilly band at a restaurant bar I'd never been to. The band was great, and "us girls" had a blast on the dance floor.

Also, some of the other (younger) people at the place were very good at the lindy, jitterbug, and two-step. They were a lot of fun to watch.

Do you ever get a chance to dance?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A chance to dance

NO unfortunately and it used to be one of my absolute favorite things to do, I was a dancing machine LOL

It sounds like you had a great time cutting the rug!

o

Almost never, but my friend and I went to watch a polo match and after there was a band playing. Not too many stayed to hear the music but we did and we danced. It was outdoors on a beautiful evening. We danced under the stars. We've also danced in the kitchen from time to time.

One thing I do not enjoy is dancing at weddings. If I can sneak out before the dancing starts, I do.

Glad you had fun!

o

I absolutely love to dance - Friday night, my 'new' friend and I went to a Jazz fest, and while walking back to his truck, walked past a bar that had a great band/vocalist, so we danced in the street - very nice!

o

Yes, we do. We try to go at least once a week. When we are in Florida, women are always asking me if they can dance with DH. So few men know how or like to dance, it seems, especially sober ones!

o

I dance with my 18 month old granddaughter ALL the time. Her family and I both have music playing at our houses all day, instead of the tv droning on, and we break out into dance many times a day. We sing a lot, too.

o

It's a shame you don't live closer to me - you could have come with me to the wedding last month. The band was phenomenal. When I first heard it was a 'funk' band I was a little confused, I wasn't sure what funk was and how it would go over with the older wedding guests. There were 6 musicians and the lead singer had a wonderful voice and they knew what songs to play to entice everyone out of the floor.

It was almost like being at one of their shows - as the night wore on they became looser and even joined in the festivities, the singer came out on the floor and danced with the guests while singing and every now and then one of the musicians would join in. After a few slow dances my son even got me dancing and that's something I seldom do.

Here is a link that might be useful: funk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here