Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good Morning KT'ers

Posted by YogaLady1948 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 13:33

I used to post here years ago as Ladybug1948 and Lunchlady1948. I got off for awhile a year or so ago to plan my retirement and figure out what I wanted to do, for the first time since I was 18 years old I had no kids in my house~~~just my sweetheart and me and all this wonderful free time.

I have changed my name to YogaLady1948 because I am living a much more slow paced peaceful life and loving it.

I have come back here to enjoy and join in on some fun postings.

Namaste~~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good Morning KT'ers

I'm gonna welcome you back YL1948 but surely a more qualified welcoming committee will come behind me. :)

Our three punk kids have also left the house so we have something in common. To be "child free" in you're 40's is something! I hope the next chapter is everything you've hoped it would be!

Odds are we'll start swinging and living lives of complete debauchery.....

o

Welcome back to a good place to hangout.

o

LOL to OnAHolliday~~~I was 60 when my last kid left! I was 18 when I had my first, 32 second and 35 last child, I had kids in my house for what felt like forever!! I was giddy when my baby left cried one whole day then realized YAHOO first time my husband and I have really been alone~~

YL cleaning her pantry and rocking out to Adele~~

o

:) 60 Doesn't seem as old as I once thought, YL! We started at the same age 19 & 20, but we pretty much pulled the trigger in rapid succession.. so, now Holly has her masters, Liz is a para-pro and Sam... well, he's dangerously close to becoming a frog like his father.

OAH - Who's cued Pandora to "Lou Reed & The Velvet Underground" since about 9:00 this morning. There's probably one glass of Pinot left in the bottle? Maybe not.

o

Oh man Yoga, I killed your welcoming thread!!!! Good Grief! lol

o

How did you kill it??

o

How did you kill it???

o

LOL Look at me going all crazy killing myself~~~;)

o
Welcome back Yoga! (heh, I wanna say Yoda)

*grin* I let it sink to the bottom! I'm swimmin' it on up though.. Frogs have very strong legs. Well, they do for a little while?

o

TTT

o

LOL
We can make this a 50 post thread!

o

Welcome back YL! I do remember you. Ours have been gone a year now. Dd moved out 10 years ago and DS moved out the second time just over a year ago. I think it's permanent this time! Enjoy your retirement.

OnHoliday, you didn't kill it, it's just slow right now. The others will chime in soon.

Tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here